My boyfriend got laid off 6 months ago but still expects me to do the house work?

I have had to start work 50+ hours a week to make up for his unemployment. He won't settle for just any job because he thinks he is worth more money than these jobs have to offer. So we are financially struggling off my income alone.
However, when I get home and have my one day off out of the week, he will say things like "All the laundry needs to be folded once you get a minute", or "What are you cooking for dinner tonight?" (Even though he never Haas dinner ready when I get home at 6:30-7pm so I make dinner every night). He will sit around and do nothing but play on Facebook all day or write his "music". He will also try and keep me up all hours when he knows I am exhausted from work or have to get up early to pull a double the next morning. I'm feeling like he only cares about himself and his laziness is becoming very unsettling. He leaves his dishes and empty soda bottles everywhere. He will get undressed and leave a trail of his dirty clothes strewn throughout the house that I have to pick up. He will ask me for money for stupid shit that we really can't afford (deer feed, lawn mower parts even though we have 3 perfectly running lawnmowers, socks- even though we have a whole basket that he refuses to match up and he won't wear mismatch, etc). I feel like I have a child running around!! I work 6 days a week on the weeks that I pull doubles which is just about every other week and he doesn't do absolutely anything, yet expects me to cook, clean and take care of him on my only days off when he doesn't do shit for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• He has gotten used to being a bum. Get him a job asap or tell him to pack his bags. You have become the breadwinner, maid, cook and sex slave for him. Ultimatum time.

• I found him a good paying job that would be pretty much handed to him (where I know the owner) but when I mentioned it to him, he said he "needed to do this on his own". So he refused the offer and started saying things like "well I will just get my music going and we can get money off of that" or "well we can sell all the stuff we don't need and get money that way" or (my favorite) "my buddy said he could get me a job"- this excuse has been used a lot but his "buddy" flakes out on him 24/7 and NEVER helps him get a job.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to tell him that if he wants to live wth you together he either needs to find a job any job that will pay him to release all the stress and tension from you or do all the laundry, cleaning, cooking and it will help make up for his umemployment at the moment. If he complains and says no you knock him in the head with your shoe and kick him out for the night and see what happens lol but seriously tell him to help out more.

What Guys Said 7

• You need to have a serious talk with him and basically tell him your concerns and your financial situation. and if he's not able to get that, then maybe it's time to re-evaluate your relationship with him. It's good that he wants more money, but he can settle for something less first whilst search for a better one. You need him to pull his weight equally and clearly he's not doing that; all he's doing is moping around, being pathetic and not being the guy you deserve. I do hope you both can work it out in the future, but if not, then it would be his loss anyway.

• The question you need to ask is "why do I tolerate this lack of respect and consideration?" If you allow yourself to be used a doormat then people will take advantage of, if you do not air your grievances then nobody else will do it for you. If you want to ring some changes to this hellish situation then you need to make these changes.

Your bum of a boyfriend needs to go out and get a job, his sense of entitlement is sickening and I don't know why you tolerate it. Working 50+ hours a week and not being able to rest at home may cause you health problems because it sounds like you're run off your feet.

• Love doesn't pay the bills. It's break up time! He is totally inconsiderate and totally using you. Total douchebag!

• Gee I wish a can find a girl like you. Well the Vigina is one of the most powerful weapon on earth. People fight in school over pussy, wars in history started over women. STOP what your doing, meaning cleaning and cooking etc... Let see how far it will GO. If this man is willing to accept his house tune into a junkyard then maybe you should ask youself if he's worth the trubble. Best of luck to you.

• I'm in a similar situation to your boyfriend, except I'd take absolutely any job going! But I feel awful about it and do everything I can around the house to make up for it. If I did't at least do that I wouldn't be able to live myself - genuinely. You've quite quite simply gotta tell him to man-up or get out. Good luck. :)

• Give him an ultimatum: either he starts doing housework or you will say bye-bye to him.

• Dump his usless ass

What Girls Said 3