Are women who can't cook a turn off for you?

This is really a turn off for me. I was raised (as the older brother) to cook for my younger sister at the age of 14. So I dont see why women ( 18+) haven't got a clue how to cook. It shows a lot in terms of how they don't/ can't take care of themselves, so why wouldn't they know? This baffles me so much, It's SUCH a big turnoff. Any of you guys and girls agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a turn-off when anyone can't take care of themselves like a real adult. If you, as an adult, cannot make even the most basic of foods for yourself, then you don't deserve to be where you are in your life. You're not a real adult unless you are independent, and being dependent on take-out is not real independence.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is. Not because she's a woman, but because she's an adult that should know the essentials for survival. Yes, you can eat out every day and never have to cook, but still, just knowing how to cook shows what type of person someone is.
    I'm baffled when I see someone over 18 (man or woman) that doesn't know how to cook.

What Girls Said 8

• why is this question about women? not being able t o feed yourself is not good as an adult,.

though you dont need to cook., you can eat raw food and get perfectly good nutrition. cooking isn't a necessity its just people tend to enjoy cooked food. food is food you can live off of anything as long as its balanced. doesn't have to be amazing.

id have more respect for a person knowledgable and contentious about nutrition who couldn't or wouldn't cook, than a person who cooks pseudo 'healthy home cooked meals'; placed with unnecessary fats salt and carbohydrates.

I hate cooking and i have been eating healthy for most of my life.

i think guys pretend its about being an adult to cook, bc they want to know the woman will cook for them later. i know you cooked for your sister as most guys can cook until they are married then suddenly they need the woman to do it. im guessing thats why this question was about women not people. bc deep down you want to know you're going to have a woman who cooks. not bc its healthy for her but attractive to you.

not cooking doesn't show anything about not taking care of ones self. its a turn off to you bc it shows they won't be doling things for you you could easily do for yourself.

• I think it's a turn off if ANYONE can't cook, it's just generally less acceptable for a woman to not be knowledgeable than it is for a man. I think everybody needs to get on the band wagon and learn how to take care of themselves.

• Honestly, it's not a big turn off for me. A downer, maybe, since I can only cook just above a basic level, but I it'd be pretty stupid of me to turn someone away because of that reason, considering I'd hopefully be falling for them for greater reasons than their cooking ability.

Like, if you're on your way to figuring out the cure for cancer I don't fucking care if you can't make bread into toast — I'm yours. I hope you can come to see that as well. :D

• I would be so embarrassed and ashamed of myself if I couldn't even do the basics in cooking and baking.

Fortunately I had the most wondeful grandmother and mother who encouraged me at a young age to learn both of these quite simple skills.

• i believe is a shame of 18yrs ladies and guys not knowing how to cook. That fact leads to the conclusion that these people are spoiled and they won't be able to stand on their own as soon as the rest of us..

• Why just women. What about men?

This is so sexist seriously

• It is a bit turn off for me too even though I can't cook big meals as well.

I have to learn it by next year.

• So it means we don't take care of ourselves, if we don't have time or don't value cooking? Or are you so selfish that you want everyone yo be master chefs because it's your personal preference?
    Sorry, the world doesn't revolve around you.

• Sour much? You clearly can't cook. If you can't even do the basics, then good luck finding someone who will appreciate that lmao

• i think that's part of the turn off, that any moron can follow a recipe, but when women "can't" cook it's kind of like a lazy self centered slothish characteristic. They can, they just don't. I look down on men who refuse to get jobs or better themselves or provide for their family and children or anyone who treats their parents poorly because it shows a spoiled, self centered, slothish characteristic.

In my opinion and in society, women should be able to feed themselves and, in theory, their children.

• @SidneyBeans Shouldn't men?

What Guys Said 7

• Since I'm not too good at cooking myself, I certainly don't feel that women who can't cook are a 'turn-off'. perhaps both of us can attend cooking classes together,. It would be fun! :)

• A woman who can't cook a turn off? No, it's not a turn off. A disappointment, maybe. But not a turn-off. I'd be willing to teach her how to cook if she's willing to learn.

• I know how to cook. I just don't like doing it that much. If she could our cook me that would be a huge plus

• Yes, that woman lacks essential survival skillz.

• Definitely agree, complete dealbreaker in a relationship.

• Totally agree.

• Agree. I think both genders should be able to do that.