Why am I still single?

I am almost 19 years old and never had a boyfriend, so I am starting to get worried, because most of my friends are in relationship. I kissed two guys before, with one of them I also made out at a party. I am quite tall girl with long brown hair, green eyes and long legs. People say that I have the body of a model (dont like to brag about it). I study medicine, so I think that being dumb isn't the reason that I'm single. I am quite shy and find it hard to talk to guys that I am attracted to, although I am open to meeting new people and being in a relationship. People always ask me, why I'm still single, but I don't know what to say to them because I honestly don't know. So I would really appreciate if you would take the time and share your opinion with me, and maybe even some advice. Thank you :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be yourself around them and try to be the best version of you that you can be. Try to talk to them about random subjects and get to know them on a personal level. Also don't be afraid to make the first move, guys love that. Overall jus try to be the best version of you, that you can be and I'm sure guys will love you.😊. Hope this helps, and good luck for your endeavors.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe everything happens for a reason and if you haven't had a boyfriend by now, it means you just haven't found the right guy for you.
    And when I say "right" I don't mean like "the one", I mean someone who's supposed to cross his path with yours- for the bad and for the good.

What Guys Said 13

• There is a lot of reasons that can explain why are you single, but you need to find them, no one knows more about you than yourself. You said you are attractive and smart that's totally a plus, but also you said you are shy, while this last thing is a turn off for some guys, other think is something cute, maybe that shyness can be interpreted as coldness, which mixed with your beauty make them think you are out of their league and they don't even try.

Try talking with guys you feel attracted for, a single "Hi" will be enough to start a conversatión, just keep calm and be yourself.

• Thank you, I will try to workon my shyness :)

• "" I am quite shy and find it hard to talk to guys that I am attracted to,""

That's why

• It seems like your shyness is the problem. If asked the guy you hooked up with will probably say: "well, we hit it off but she seemed aloof, not really in the moment. I realized she wasn't enjoying it all that much so I didn't even bother trying to contact her again". You should just be yourself and learn how to be confortable talking to strangers. You'll turn out just fine. Best of wishes

• Any guy would go for you from the way you described yourself. Just stay be yourself and sooner or later a guy will find you or you'll find them it's natural to be shy :)

• Studying medicine might be it. If guys are not seeing you around enough to ask you out, you stay single. You have to socialize more with the same group of people rather than meeting new people all the time.

• When I was at highschool my mates asked me the same and even some of them asked me If I were gay, since I never had a girlfriend until now. There could be a lot of reasons why you didn't have a boyfriend still but personally, I don't recommend you to worry about. I think you are just being your own way and that's great.

I never had a girl but I was kind of popular in my highschool classes but I was too shy and very evasive, That's why girls didn't feel comfortable to talk me and I think they were affraid of me because of my attitude. Even so, there weren't anybody i was attracted to of my classes. Instead, I used to be attracted to really hot/popular girls in highschool. When I tried to firlt whith 2 of them it just ended really bad and i figured out i was not that kind of guy.

Fortunely i found a girl later in highschool, we became best friends and we had lots of fun without dating or sexual stuff (not even a single kiss). We fell for each other but for many reasons we didn't date. I'm sure she is the kind of girl I want to be my girl and i felt relieved to know there are girls like her and I stopped worrying about being single.

I recommend you to be just you and enjoy everything in your life, If you don't feel like approaching guys it's ok, that's you. Sooner or later there will be someone great without any kind of struggle, Or at least that's what happened to me :).

• I wouldn't worry about it. These will work themselves out eventually.

• I honestly have no idea. I'd ask you out in a second 😂 you sound great!

• well, i have the same thing... i'd give people relationship advices and all but when it comes to getting in a relationship... i just don't know why i am single lol... Also, at least you have kissed twice lol... i haven't even hugged a girl ever :')

• U sound like a good girl I'm sure soon is into u j just don't know it...

• you just ain't talking to the right guys love

• Start blowing guys

• you sound like a catch.

What Girls Said 6

• Everyone used to ask me why I never had a boyfriend but I didn't know why either. I assumed there had to be something wrong with me. Now that I'm older I realize that wasn't the case. Sometimes men don't know how to approach women, especially women who they think are really attractive. They assume the woman wouldn't be interested. Kind of like how as a shy girl you think the popular attractive guy might not like you so you don't approach him. I learned within the past year or so that I had to approach the men that I'm attracted to. Surprise surprise so far I've not been turned down. Every guy who I gathered the courage to approach has all said the same thing. They didn't think I would be attracted to them. Personally I think that's your problem. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you. Continue being yourself maybe work on gathering a little bit of courage to try not to be shy. Approach somebody have a conversation. I always start with an honest compliment. If I think the guy has awesome hair I walk right up to him and say hey I think you awesome hair. I would say nine times out of ten that leads to a nice conversation with a Facebook add and phone number.

• Thank you very much, this is really helpful :)

• there are just some girls out there like that.
    i know a girl who's super pretty but she's never had a boyfriend...
    but maybe you look like the type who has a bf? or maybe you just shy away when a guy tries to talk to you? or you dont read signals well? I don't know it could be anything. but dw you'll get a bf!

• Have you ever tried asking a guy out? These things don't always happen by themselves, unfortunately.

Try finding a guy you like, and ask him out.

• I'm 21 and I'm still single haha
    Don't worry about it

• Sounds like me

• Maybe your shyness. You need to give off a friendly open vibe. I struggle with that tok.