When you start dating a friend, are you supposed to become boyfriend/girlfriend right away?

A guy friend & I confessed we liked each other, but he just got out of a long-term relationship & doesn't know if he can jump right into another one. I also have reservations about him (he seems to have mild depression and other problems).. and we've only known each other for 2 months. Would it be weird if we dated first, then moved into relationship if things go well? Or do most people jump straight into a relationship and become boyfriend/girlfriend right away when dating a friend?

What Guys Said 1

• The reason he's probably depressed and has other problems is BECAUSE he just got out of a long term relationship. No, you don't have to jump right into things simply because you guys already know each other. You've been friends so you're comfortable with each other but have never been intimate so it's a good idea, at least in my opinion, to go on a few dates and get a feel for things. I was friend's with my girlfriend a long time and we didn't put a label on it until about two-three months in but everyone's different. Just remember he just got out of a break up so let him move at his own pace and don't try and establish anything unless you're sure he's comfortable with it because he might get scared off if he feels things are moving too fast.

What Girls Said 0