Is it weird that I am a guy but I am more interested in finding love then having sex?

Is it weird that i need to respect and care about a girl before i would decide i would want to date her? Most guys seem to just want sex and don't care about love.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's not weird at all. Maybe you are in the minority when it comes to guys your age, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with that. It's admirable to want to respect and care about the girl you date and want to find love. Never feel bad about that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say most guys seem to just want sex. But nah I don't think you're weird. This year I learned that I can be positive about relationships and I'm looking forward to one too.

What Girls Said 20

• No, not at all. Everybody's different.

• nooo. some guys are like that. & i believe it just means you've become mature. and those are the marriable guys hahaha.

• That should honestly be the opinion of all guys who are wanting to settle down.
    Love is something that you want for forever not just a one night stand. If you cannot respect a woman long enough to not get in her pants, then you aren't looking for love.

Thank you for being one of the few guys who is willing to honor and respect women because they are worth it!

• Well you probably want to have sex with a girl that you love... same difference better priorities...

• My brother is 16 and thinks like that. He also says he doesn't want to get married, which is fine. Not weird at all.

That stupid gender stereotype about men only caring about sex is clearly false and I wish more people understood that.

You're interested in what you are and that doesn't make you abnormal, a pussy, a wimp, a faggot, or whatever other names irrational dolts would throw at you.

It makes you an individual who has preferences... LIKE EVERYONE. :)

• There's all types of guys out there. You're probably not in the majority but you're not the only one either

• It's not weird at all, it's great! Your future girlfriend will be a lucky girl.

• Not weird at all.

• No its not weird.

• That means that you're an amazing guy! Keep it up girls love this stuff

• Nope not at all.

• nope, is not weird at all, thats an awesome way of thinking!

• there is nothing wrong with ya, all the rest men do things with the wrong order

• no, it is not that weird

• No that it today normal I am worried about guys how have it the other way around

• lololololollllllll

• No. We are all human and I think deep down we all want love. Some people are just more willing to admit it than others.

• That's not weird at all. Most girls would actually want a guy like that

• that's great!

• Not weird. I like guys who share the same attitude towards sex. I'm sure sex is so much better when two people have actually gotten to know each other and real feelings are involved.

What Guys Said 11

• No, you know what your looking for , that's awesome !!

I am still unsure about what I want myself

• no i think that's a great way of looking at things..

• Not weird, people typically look for both emotional reciprocation / emotional intimacy, AND physical intimacy.

• Yes!!! No, some guys eventually go through their I just wanna have sex phase and finally just want a relationship, nothing wrong with that

• Its perfectly normal. Im like that myself. It probably means you have more integrity than most.

• I don't care about sex. I see it a simple bonus to the caring and understanding that is love.

• that's not weird at all, you would make an amazing boyfriend for the right girl.

• No it isn't weird.

It just means you're inexperienced with women and dating.

• It's not odd you want sex and love.

It's odd, and a bit naive, to think you should care about her, then decide to date her. While it works that way when you're 16 and know each other, as adults, dating often IS the stage where you get to know each other. You meet someone, there's some attraction, you talk, get along, you try dating and -see if feelings develop-. For most people, they are moving along physically at the same time, as those things are, for those who want both, often partially intertwined.

• You are in the normal side bro.

• Nah, you're just the romantic type.