Am I the only person?

Am I the only person who thinks that after a date, if a girl has text a guy saying thank you for a lovely evening, the guy should respond with some kind of answer indicating if he wants to see her again or not. Surely it's just basic manners?

Most Helpful Guy

• That would never happen cause the girl wouldn't text the guy.

• Clearly, it has happened since she is asking this. It DOES happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• I expect the guy to text me saying that.

What Guys Said 2

• Did he not response, or did he respond but make no indication of another date? Some guys just wait til another conversation to talk about another date

• Just for manners, yes, he should respond. Maybe not propose another date, that should have been "discussed" during or at the end of the first date, not via text. I would not give a negative response via text.

• He did say something about this week but I can't remember if it was 'have a good week' or something to do with meeting up this week. Would you advise that I contact him? I'd just like to know where I stand. It has only been a day since we met up but I would really like to know one way or the other.

• If you are interested, and felt good chemistry during date #1, go for it. No need to play waiting games. At least, text him and keep the communication flowing. Find some kind of event with mutual interest, and suggest to go.

What Girls Said 3

• You could also change what you say to thank you for a lovely evening, maybe next time we should ( next date like dinner) if your interested in seeing me again?

• He should respond back with anything not responding to a text even if it isn't right away is rude

• sure! agree with you