He doesn't ask me out?

There's this guy at work that I like and I'm pretty sure he likes me back but he's so confusing. He never asks me out on a date but always wants to meet up and hang out with me or will text me over the weekend. Why doesn't he just ask me out? And how can I get him to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he doesn't know how to establish that it's a date rather than a hangout. Literally go and ask him to ask you out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he's too shy and doesn't know how you feel about him. Why don't you just ask him out instead of wasting time waiting for him to do it?

What Guys Said 3

• Guys are stupid. Make obvious signs that you want more.

• But what is obvious enough? I thought I was being obvious but apparently not.

• REALLY obvious! You literally go to him and show him your... this is inappropriate.. Uhm.. you literally go to him and say it. Guys dont realise at your age that there actually are women who are interested in them. Thats so unrealistic to them that you really have to just tell him. The sign game comes later.. when they are around my age.. thats when they slowly start to notice signs. Just tell him PERSONALLY that you like him, dont send a friend, do it yourself! Thats cuter and when he likes you too, this has a much better effect. Say "I really like you and want to go on a date with you." This should be obvious enough.

• I don't get it. Maybe "meet up and hang out with him" is a date for him? Did you hang out with him?

• We hung out but it's at the pool where we work, how can I get him to hang out outside of his comfort zone?

• He asked to spend time with you. So what exactly do you want?

What Girls Said 5

• Ask him out yourself?

• If he wants to meet up and hang out then it's his way of asking you out...

• Why don't you ask him out yourself?

• Then you take the first step and ask him out?

• he's probably being shy, it doesn't mean he's not into you, though.