Guys, Girls: How would you IDEALLY want someone to handle rejection?

A lot of us has had to reject somebody we didn't like, and more often than not they don't handle it very well. Well, my question for you today is pretty simple: if you could choose, how would you want someone to handle rejection? Better yet, how do you think you SHOULD handle rejection?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm like the greatest guy in the world to reject lmao.. When a woman rejects me or whatever I'm always like "well thanks for the opportunity" or something equally corny and ridiculous lol

Seriously though I don't have a fragile male ego. I would hope that a woman I reject would have a similar reaction.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ideally I want someone who I reject to say, "Okay cool, I understand." I think people who are rejected should handle it calmy. If they're rejected it may be because the person isn't single or theyre just not interested. You can't blame someone for not being interested in you.

What Guys Said 23

• probably the same way every Rejecter would want the rejected to... just to go away. There is really no right way to handle rejection though. The rejecter exercises their right to choose, and the rejectee, has to accept their advances have been cut short and leave... that should be the right way...
    But if we include gender into the situation and add a sprinkle of double standard, apparently, girls are so not used to being rejected by guys lol, the reaction and blowback/drama is usually priceless to watch...

• Uh well...
    Honesty is the best policy.
    Keep it short and to the point I suppose.

• "Ah, okay. Bummer. Thanks for being honest, though. I appreciate it.

And hey, can we still have sex?"

• I think they should just say okay, and move on. same for me.

• I actually rejected a girl after 6 or 7th date with her on the past 2 months. We clicked quite well in terms of personality, but physically and sex part? Nah... not really got into, I'm glad that she didn't blow up my phone asking why i didn't contact her anymore. And, myself, pretty much been handling rejections quite good. I will just simply focus on other things, and if she sees changes in my someday, she'll contact me while she's curious about me.

• I handle rejection quite well actually... I have respect for the person if they are rejecting me. I don't need a big explanation, for the same reason as if I rejected them. They have their reasons, so why dwell on it!

After all, It is always better to figure it out sooner rather than later. No one wants to invest a lot of time into something that is bound not to work out!

• I don't think there's an ideal way, because either way something is lost. I guess whats needed is for the both of them to move on and accept that what was is no more

• Haven't rejected anyone, because I haven't been approached by anyone. xD
    But in the hypothetical situation, I'd try to give 2-3 reasons on top of my head as to why it won't work out between me and her. I'd try to be cautious and polite about it because I know our friendship could change.

• I think they should do it by understanding the reasons why and learn from it :D
    Or, by doing such major efforts to change that they deserve a second chance!

• If I got rejected I'd just say "I understand, have a good day!" and then leave before it gets any more awkward.

I'd prefer if they did the same if the roles were reversed.

• Shrug and move on.

• I handle rejection well, I just say "Ok then and walk off" haha. Then I go and buy some ice cream to soak up the tears of despair.

• Don't give me that bullshit "we can still be friends". You don't want to be my friend, you want to keep me in your stable so you get an ego boost out of knowing I like you. I'm not here to stroke your ego, moving on.

• rejection is part of life, i have lot of rejections from opposite gender not in blunt way buy just the signs that they are not interested other than being friendly

• "Okay, thanks for your honesty. Best wishes!"

• Just blow them off, say something smart, take the control away and never, ever speak to them for any reason. They aren't worthy of your time.

• If someone rejects you they are unworthy? What gives you that mentality? I always saw it as if somebody (kindly) rejects you, they are being courteous and honest by A: Making their lack of interest known and B: Preventing you from getting your hopes up and wasting your time.

• I guess I'm just not a bitter person.

• I am about flakey little girls who rejected me for the BAD BOYS, got knocked up and came groveling back to me, kids in strollers. FUCK THAT SHIT ! No way I'd settle for a Bad Boy's leftovers ! I
      don't have to.

• Forget about it lads.

• I say very genuinely "That's too bad because you seem like such a sweet and beautiful girl and you would make a man very happy. I wish upon you only the greatest joy and happiness in life." and then walk away.

• You can do like most girls do, ghost the minute you show interest

• Accept it and move on.

• yeah at first you feel a bit dissapointed but you gotta move on :p

• Dont care as long as they dont insist on getting with me

• Accept and move on.

What Girls Said 7

• Well nobody likes to be rejected so I do understand and expect disappointment. This may sound crazy but I honestly feel bad when I reject guys because they work up enough courageously and confidence to to speak to me and then I start to feel like I just completely ruined everything. I was rejected one good time im my life and ill no longer have the guts to approach a guy for the rest of my life so my experience with rejection was awful lol. But I think it depends on how I reject them I usually try to gently turn them down but still be nice about it and thank them if they compliment me so I hope they will just be cool about it but I can understand if they feel hurt. As long as they don't get confrontational and hostile which I've also experienced.

• Also you need to expect that the guys you reject don't want your friendship. I
      haven't been rejected very much, but when it happened I usually said, "It's your
      loss, I think we might have been good for each other. But you don't want to".
      I walked away and never, ever spoke to them. That drove them crazy. I understand
      being picky in who you date. in my opinion opinion nothing but hard feelings come from a rejection.
      Some girls decided later I was desirable. I always asked, "Why am I good enough now when I wasn't when I first approached you?" Talk about awkward for the girl ! But it's a fair question. The few that
      I did give a second chance to usually became no more than FWB's. Which is probably all we ever would have been.

• They should walk away. Nice and simple yet so many just won't take a hint.

• Me: Sorry, but no
    Him/Her: Okay.. I understand

That's it.

Hanging out after rejection is okay by me, but I don't want more insinuation after I said no.

• suck it up and move on

• maturity and a positive mindset will. do just the trick

• There is this guy I would love to get to know better. We met online, and the first message, or really, all the conversation starters was me. He doesn't send me any messages unless i do first. Is he simply not interested? I know its a lot to read into for so little. But i honestly want to impress him and not bore him.

• Great question ! I don't know either