I have feelings for the weirdest , shiest and most socially awkward guy I have met and now I am ashamed to admit this to anyone. What should I do?

I have never been in a relationship before and I have always been quick to point out the flaws of my friends' and relatives' new partners. Physically or personality wise...
Now I am smitten and would really like to go out with this guy but I am feeling embarrassed. He isn't really good looking and he is quite odd and when he decides to talk he ends up saying irrelevant stuff... I am kinda ashamed to introduce him to my family... Does this mean I don't like the guy? What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, what do you like about his personality? Why are you attracted to him? If you can't point out good trades and you're only able to distinguish his flaws and if you're attracted to him for the sake of attraction, I say you're not doing yourself a favor and you need to think twice before deciding about the guy you're in love with. It's not a matter of reducing the guy's value it's just that you have the right to chose whoever you wanna be with and it doesn't matter if he's unattractive or whatever, if you see happiness with that guy, then good but if not, you're not doing yourself a favor. Good luck!

• I like the fact that he always seems so calm and collected. He is a very good listener. He's very nice to me which makes me want to hug him. Guess that's what they call cute?
      But he's very awkward at the same time

• @opinion owner said something so great and is anonymous? Why? You helped her perfectly and said nothing to be ashamed of.

• @Bimbobambo Thank you, but I'm anonymous on this site even when I'm not anonymous haha I'm not from an English speaking country.

What Guys Said 2

• it means you are nervous, go out with him and get to know him

• Not sure where your intentions are but the fact that your embarrassed to introduce him to your family tells me he shouldn't date you and that there are girls out there who wouldn't be ashamed

What Girls Said 3

• Get with him

• do what will make you happy, its not their place to judge,

• I sort of understand where you're coming from. I want to go out with this guy but the only friend I've told keeps on pointing out his flaws (eg: he's dyslexic, not that great looking etc). When you say you are ashamed of introducing him to your family, you might just be worrying that your family won't see him the way you do. But if you really want to go out with him there is obviously some sort of attraction you have towards him so go for it.