The guy I'm talking to is "in a relationship" on his facebook page but claims to be single. Is he lying to me?

I started talking to a guy a few weeks ago. He just added me as a friend on facebook and I noticed that on his page it says that he is "in a relationship" (but it doesn't say who with). I confronted him about it and he said that he is single but he used to be in a relationship. I asked him then to change his relationship status to single but he has not done so. Is this a red flag and do you think he is actually in a relationship and lying to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's either lazy or playing you. I imagine neither of those qualities sound appeinv to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• oh that's hard 0_0 to me, i'd stay away...

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds suspicious

• Some of you women need to quit being so stupid, and start acknowledging the obvious.

What Girls Said 2

• He's in a relationship still. Listen to your gut.. you know what it's saying.

• probably just lazy, if he says he isn't id take his word for it and if it turns out that he does then you know that you cantfeel guilty because you asked