Is creativity in ideas for a first date important to you?

Should a guy spend time planning a very original first date and impress you with his creativity, or should he stick with the tried-and-true ideas like dinner and a movie?

• Be creative and do something different that get's my attention!
  • Stick with the tried and true ideas; they have worked forever!

Most Helpful Girl

• if you know the person you are going to take out, and know what they like, then it might be fun to change it up and get creative. but if you dont know what they like at all, then jsut keep it traditional to be safe :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's usually about the emotional experience how you make her feel attracted to you, not so much about the venues, how much you spent...1st date is also used to scan those golddigger alert

What Girls Said 11

• I hate movie dates unless we've been dating for awhile, because for a first few dates I actually want to talk and get to know someone. I like creative dates or ones that aren't in like restaurants or coffee shops because there's more stimulus to talk about and you have to act a certain way in restaurants and it gets old pretty quick. I love creativity in dates, I don't care if the date costs nothing or we just go for a walk and stop by a chocolate shop and try the gross ones or something simple and untraditional. Every person is different, ask your date what they like.

• Not really, no. As I am currently doing most of my meeting people online, the first "date" is really just to check that they're not an axe murderer. Coffee or drinks is a good way to do this with very little pressure.

Creativity and originality are great, for sure, but I don't want to be pressured into staying with someone I don't feel comfortable around because they planned some elaborate scheme.

• I wouldn't want anyone to go to great lengths to try to plan a creative day. Movies are lovely. But I also like the thought of something even more low-key; a simple cafe visit, an outside event (art show, farmer's market, etc.), or even just a walk around town to see the sights.

• Not really, I'm cool with going to a little coffee shop or just a nice park, on a first date I don't want something crazy... All I care about is to get to know the guy.

• If you aren't typically a creative person, like its not in your nature, that could be putting to much pressure and expectation on a first date. Your both still kind of awkward at that initial meeting, you don't know his/her likes, dislikes (unless you've known them a while), so it could actually end up blowing up in your face. If anything use the first date to fact find, and see what the other person is kind of into and then you can come up with something for a subsequent date.

• Not for a first date but maybe for the third or later. Keep it simple and about getting to know each other on the first couple of dates.

• there nothing you do that be creative and hasn't been down before!

• If I like the guy I literally don't care, creativity can earn you some major bonus points however.

• I don't find movies to be a good idea because you can't talk, but low key dates are best in my opinion. You're trying to get to know each other.

• Movies are good for people who are nervous about being able to keep a conversation going. You sit down for 2 hours with little opportunity to talk and, afterwards, you talk about the movie. I don't have that problem so I tend to avoid movies for a first date.

• For the first date, I don't mind it being simple. Having time to communicate and share ideas is fun to me, and might be good for future dates. If we still date, later on he can change it up and be creative, since he knows me better.

• I would really appreciate it but it is not important to me.

I am cool with him searching up on Google lol. ❤

✌❤

What Guys Said 8

• Meh, I already have my routine first date which I know works amazingly well and all girls love it so I just use the same thing haha, although it's starting to get serious with a girl I'm seeing so I probably won't be doing this again anytime soon which I'm happy about :). My usual date is taking the ferry (what girl doesn't love the ferry?) to a hot spot in my city. We have dinner outside or sometimes take the food to go and eat by the river while overlooking the city (it's a really beautiful view with the city lights twinkling on the river). I then take her to one of the 3 really nice desert places depending on what type of desert she prefers. We then go to this small gorgeous Buddhist temple which is on the way to everything, then we stroll down the boardwalk with the city as a backdrop and I go for the kiss or I go for it at the Buddhist temple if it's just the two of us, if she still doesn't seem receptive for a kiss at the time (it's only happened once) I just take her to the Ferris wheel, then go for the kiss there. Then we take the ferry back and it also gives another opportunity for a make-out session. I don't see how I can top that as a first date so I'm just going to continue doing it over and over again hahaha.

• It's not about the activity it's about getting to know the person.
    But people have to be so fuckin entertained these days that you have to come up with some special activity just for a date.

• Not necessarily I mean I'm not against it but normally for the first date really I just want a relaxed atmosphere were I can get to know the girl on a mental and emotional level. To determine whether or not this is something I want to continue. After that there is plenty of time for all the creative dates in the world.

• It's always nice to have an original date. And it might be that it increases the chemistry between the two of you.

But realize that if originality is needed to create that chemistry between the two of you than perhaps there is not enough between you.

Personally I say, keep it simple. And if that goes well you can go further.

• I haven't been on a date yet but I think that the better I go with the flow the... well better. Although I'd usually think of myself as a meticulous planner, sometimes you just gotta make things up on the spot.

• Well I always like it when a guy and girl go for something different in this case I enjoy planning the first date. Visiting multiple places actually makes the date feel longer so I always do that:)

• You know my creativity grows in bit of a wild side.. So expect eating macaroni and cheese on top of a 22 storey building.

• For myself, no. For the girl, always!