Christian men and women What should she do?

Christian men and women here's a scenario : there's a christian girl who falls for a guy unknowingly the guy is a pagan (but she finds out a few months later into their relationship) he shows her lots of love and put her well being befor his own and there's a slight chance he could maybe convert stay or leave

So "it" says
Wrong update ^^^^ scratch the bottom part

Most Helpful Guy

• To leave just because he's a pagan isn't very christian like. Christ preached helping everyone not just people apart of your congregation. There is no learning and growing being with someone that shares all your exact values.

• Christian like? You every hear about being yoked with unbelievers? As a Christian your priority is being closer to God but I've made up my mind

• by the way thanks a lot and im not pushing him away because we dont share same believes i dont care its just what i prefer in a relationship and I've choosen to stay with even if i may see "foolish"

• that's perfectly fine. You shouldn't feel pressured to be with or not be with one.

What Guys Said 17

• Leave. I've been there done that

• Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

• Are you confusing Satanism with Paganism? I am Pagan and I am NOT wicked. I live in as much light as you do. Would you say this about Islam, Buddhism and any other religion? Are they, too, living in the dark?

• Living is the darkness is having a closed mind! Believing YOUR way is the only way! How conceited! There are many paths up the mountain of life. They are ALL equally valid. Some paths are harder than others. A nun's vow of silence must be a huge test of faith. But all these paths lead to spiritual enlightenment at the top of the mountain. There are agnostics that walk round the base of the mountain, unsure of which path to chose. There are atheists who believe there is no mountain.

• @dogbert444

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

"I am the way, the truth, and the light. No man comes to the father, but by me."

"For by grace are you saved and not of yourselves, it is a gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast."

• I dated a Reform Jew for a while... Some seeds may have been planted for the gospel, but the relationship did not pan out. I won't tell you unequivocally to leave, but I will say that the romantic relationship will make it harder to tell if, in the event that he decides to become a Christian, his decision is a sober one or just an expedient to keep the relationship rolling. As long as he remains pagan, you will always be torn between your commitment to Christ and your commitment to the boy. In short, to be a Christian romantically involved with a non-Christian is to live in the Garden of Gethsemane. Something good might come out of it, but it will take a lot out of you and is generally not advisable.

• Forget it.
    Converting does not make one a believer at all.
    The difference between you two are too fundamental to just ignore. Eventually, something will break.

• 1. He won't convert, so don't push it.
    2. You don't want him to convert because then he will no longer be the guy you loved. (and may become a judgmental douche).

• O dear talk about a slap of Déjà vu to the face, you should leave, and do it immediately.

• The whole thing about being unevenly yoked (2 Corinthians 6:14) is for the Christian's benefit... your faith may suffer as a result of beginning a relationship with him (is he actually a pagan, being an unbeliever, or the contemporary definition of a pagan, being someone who actively worships other gods, nature, etc)?

• Is it that important to you that he converts? What, are you using yourself as "bait" to convert a guy and save his soul?

Who cares if he's pagan. Does he treat you nice? Make you feel like a lady?

You can find a lot of Christian guys who would not treat you so well.

• Nope i just said there's a slight chance he may convert im not using myself as bait are you Christian? From my assumption you aren't i asked for opinions from fellow Christian men and women but thanks

• Hopefully i think i will my pastor thinks not

• Well I've known lots of pagans... and every one of them eventually "woke up" from it.

Pagans aren't near as dedicated to their "religion" as Christians are. It's usually a niche kind of belief that just kind of floats through one's transom.

• I would say that the christian girl stays in the relationship. The guy seems really caring and probably worth it. Also what is the problem if he is pagan? People should care about the person not the religion he believes in. And also why should the guy convert and not the girl? By the way I am not a christian.

• I can tell by your answer lol

• The last part especially :P But still if he is really that caring and there is love between the two I would say that they should leave their religious differences apart. Also christians talk a lot about the ''divine plan'' so it could be a part of that ;) My mother is christian... I hear that kind of stuff all day long... :/

• You don't understand ask your mom about it

• i think you should just be friends and see if he's truly willing to learn.

• Why can't she learn about Paganism? You give another biassed opinion that thinks Christianity is the only path!

• @dogbert444 kinda hard to be biased when the world can only validate by christian beliefs, like this verse taken from 2 timothy: But know this, that in the last days+ critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power;+ and from these turn away. 6 From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth. a to z.

• I don't see why he would have to convert, it is your religion not his.

• Never stated he had to i stated there might be a chance he will

• Life is too short.

• What exactly is meant with the "pagan" used here? Is he just a general non-believer or is he part of the Neo-Pagan religion (with the incantations, "opening the circle" for the God and Goddess, etc.)?

• nothing. I am confused is there something you want people to do about this?

• I'll never understand this. .. what do most people talk about before they date and 'fall' for someone? ... nothing?

It's a problem because the majority of the conversations you had were empty and small talk. No offense but i feel that's still the case now. . even with this fact.

• I'm sorry if this is too blunt but I'm not trying to offend here. I just think this will take a number of years to learn.

Dating him is extremely short sighted. If you present some good reasons why he should be Christian and he doesn't dismiss it without a thought than sure it could work. .. but you'll continue having problems if you never talk about things

• Small talk was just the start of the conversation

• Also he's an awsome young man the only problem is religious aspects of things

• I'm tending on thinking she should leave, as that will cause big issues later.

I was once married to a Jewish woman who put down my belief in the Rapture, and Jesus as the Messiah. It can get messy with a mismatch.

• This is a personality issue rather than a religious issue. She should have respected your personal beliefs like anyone should. She should have encouraged you in your own path of spiritual enlightenment, just as you should have done for her. Different paths are all up the mountain of life, some are hard, some are easier. But they all meet at the top!

• if he doesn't convert and begin christian life, leave.

• Why can't she convert to Paganism? Or meet in the middle as agnostic? Why does Christianity have to be the only way?

What Girls Said 6

• If the basis on the relationship is the hope of the guy converting then it is hopeless.
    I've been after romantic prospects and have had to cut things off because we were not morally compatible. They said they would change, go to church more, become a believer. But you can't force that upon somebody. And it's easy for them to lie or pretend if they're really that desperate to maintain a romantic relationship.

But, if you are willing to accept that persons beliefs and have an interfaith relationship that is a different story. But still, in my experience that comes with many problems.

• Yeah i know and im not to dependent upon that i dont even think thats realistic

• the question here would be how on earth she found out he's a pagan after a few months?
    i would have advised her to take her time getting to know this guy. anyway, if he's willing to convert that's fine but i've never liked the idea of someone changing their beliefs for me, even though it is nice of them.

• He never brought it up he would say certain things i put two and two together... he said it was what he was raised around he's into but not fully but i can see where you're coming from thanks

• that's alright. I'm just that person who would be very critical about this kinda stuff from the start. good luck xx

• She should leave, or become friends. Staying with him and potentially marrying him would be bad unless he becomes a Christian

• WHY? I might be Pagan myself, but I will always put a future wife and children before anything! There are so many here that think Paganism is a religion. It's not. It's a way of life. Of protecting nature and our planet. Of loving all people and animals.

• I guess I am being unfair, for which I am sorry. Your opinion seemed to be heavily biassed. Why could the lady here not convert to Paganism? It's just as valid as a way of life! Why can't the two of them both compromise and meet in the middle as agnostic?

• @dogbert444 but you have to understand as a Christian your family is still one if the biggest things in your life, it's supposed to be, but you still put God first, that doesn't mean neglecting your family, it just means all of you put God first together. And is your opinion not also biased? Since she is a Christian I'm giving advice from a Christian perspective.

• Why not just stay freinds with benefits? Oh right, no benefits allowed😔

I feel bad for you guys.

• Leave. You shouldn't be unequally yoked. It would only lead to tension in the long run.

• leave, the bible talks about being unequally yolked and God made a man for you hopefully you are wise and choose a Christian man missionary dating is dumb and foolish you probably think, I can change him with my love, but that's not true