Girls if you're dating a guy how many times a week should you see him?

Me and my girlfriend are in a argument cause i see her 2 times a week. we're both busy and making time is a bit tough. i told her "isn't texting you every day enough?". Then she got mad? Do i need to put more effort in or am i ok the way i'am?

Most Helpful Girl

• The answer is, you clearly don't need to see her as much as she needs to see you to feel content. You said you're both busy, but she is willing to make room for you.
    There is the possibility that she's only mad, because she wanted you to complain too instead of seemingly being ok with how things are, but let's assume this is not the case.
    Some people solve that problem by inviting the bf/gf to almost all of their activities, and letting them decide if they want to join that gamers night or whatever.

• I spoke with her and this Saturday i'am planning a whole day dedicated to her. I also spared one more day for her. i said sorry to her cause when we spoke she was like "sometimes you make me feel like i'm not important to you, You always tell me you will call back but never do". Which i admit is true, i forget, im busy and forget but i promised her i would pay more attention to her

• That's good. Yeah things happen.. it's just bad when it happens too often.

• i will change forsure

Most Helpful Guy

• 2 days out of 7 is a low number. Since that is bothering her and if you really like her as a girlfriend you can try to find time to meet on lunch or something just to put more an effort in seeing her. I'm sure she will appreciate it and see that you are a doer and not the guy to make excuses.

What Girls Said 16

• It depends on the people's schedules and the moment of the relationship, in general the frequency increases as the relationship moves forward. If you've been dating for several months is understandable that she wants to see you more often.
    I always have busy schedules as well, but if I'm in a relationship I like to go out with that person at least once on the weekend, and have dinner at home and spend the night together at least 2 twice a week.

Also, maybe you need a certain amount of time to yourself. How often would she like to see you?

• i have not taken her out on a date for 2 months now and i understand why she feels this way. I will talk to her and spend 3 times a a week with her.

We both have school & busy. Yes we been dating for a year.

• I'd be happy with 2 times a week but if it was possible to see each other a bit more I'd certainly welcome it. I guess it all depends on how long the "2 times a week" is. Maybe you two should talk about this a bit more so you can figure out exactly why she got mad and how you two can deal with it.

• My boyfriend and I live 15 minutes apart, but because he is disabled and I do not drive right now, we hardly ever see each other. If you care about each other, you make it work. However, we do make a point to talk to each other on the phone every night for about an hour or more. Talking rather than texting is a lot more intimate. You miss things in texting that you can pick up on through someone's voice. However, because we tend to talk on the phone at the end of the night and in the morning, we do not text as often.

So, I am not saying that I would not like to see him more often. If I could, I would spend every day with him, but that is just not realistic. There are some weeks we do not see each other at all. Like I said, if you care about each other you will make it work somehow.

• I see my boyfriend everyday. Twice a week is like we're not even in a relationship, we just meet up to fuck and hen he's gone? I want someone to BE with not just sleep with 😒

• me and my girlfriend see each other 2 times a week but she wants more. we are both in school. Me in engineering and her in nursing. I have not taken her out in 2 months and when we spoke she was like "you don't make me feel important" I though she would be ok with not seeing each other. I'm going to spend the whole Saturday with her, do things then end the day with dinner at night. She made me sad when she said she don't feel important. I thought she had the same thought that i did (as in seeing each other 2 times is ok). Overall i don't want to lose her, that will break my heart

• Yeah we're busy but we're also close by so we see wagoner everyday. And I would definitely not feel important if we only saw each other in person two days a week :/ you're both forming I'm assuming? Unless you've been together for years and know for a fact you want to be married I don't see how it would work during school, it'd be so much easier to meet someone on campus and fall for a new person who you can have physical contact with whenever you want

• together for 6 months. I do truly love her and will make time for her. She is the love of my life and i can see me getting married to her :) I will 100% spend more time with her

• The way you said it wasn't very nice, it makes it sound as if that is enough, as in why would you want more?

In my opinion, if you don't want to spend as much time as you can with your new beau then why are you with them? I don't get this half arsed dating. You either like them enough to date them and therefore want to see them, or you just don't.

• i do want to spend time with her don't get me wrong. I love her so much but it's tough to make time. I'm in my 3rd year of engineering and she is in nursing and time is not really on our side. It's my first relationship but i though that she would be ok with not seeing me. We're both together, and i call her every night. i mean I don't know do you think i need to do more? Again i do love her!

• I'm just saying, from that tiny line: isn't texting you every day enough?

It makes it sound like it is an effort to do that. Not saying that's what you meant, but that is what it sounds like. I get that time can be a commodity in short supply when both of you are working, and having a needy partner can be tough but if that's the kind of messages you send no wonder she's worried!

• we are both in school. Me in engineering and her in nursing. I have not taken her out in 2 months and when we spoke she was like "you don't me feel important" :( I though she would be ok with not seeing each other. I'm going to spend the whole Saturday with her, do things then end the day with dinner at night. She made me sad when she said she don't feel important. I thought she had the same thought that i did (as in seeing each other 2 times is ok). Overall i don't want to lose her, that will break my heart

• If it's early on in the relationship maybe 2-3 times a week. When it got more serious down the road I would see him almost every single day.

• Been together for 6 months now. We are both in school. Me in engineering and her in nursing. I have not taken her out in 2 months and when we spoke she was like "you don't me feel important" I though she would be ok with not seeing each other. I'm going to spend the whole Saturday with her, do things then end the day with dinner at night. She made me sad when she said she don't feel important. I thought she had the same thought that i did (as in seeing each other 2 times is ok). Overall i don't want to lose her, that will break my heart.

• Good job man 👍🏽 good luck

• thanks

• barely see him

• Both party's need to have the same understanding and expectations of a relationship because it varies for everyone. If you are content with 2 days but she wants 3,4,5,6 Maybe it's not a good match between you two.

• oh no! i love her. i mean i willing to do 3 but we're both busy. I though texting her and calling was enough (in my mind). I have not taken her out for 2 months but i will take her out on Saturday. I thought she was ok with 2 times a week and a call everynight. She said "you don't make me feel important" :( :( and i dont want to lose her

• Well then listen to your girl and do what you can it the time allotted to make her feel as special as possible.

• yup, i will

• when my boyfriend and i first started dating we only saw each other once a week
    after a few months it became 3-4x/week
    then about 9 months in it became 5-7x/week
    now that he travels a lot for his work, once a month

it really depends on your schedules, how long you've know each other, and how far you two live from each other

• i dont really like meeting my boyfriend often as i am quite a busy person... but seeing him once per week is quite good... i mean as long as there's texting going on

• we call too, but i have not taken her out on a date for 2 months now. I will talk to her and change that.

• goodluck :)! i hope it goes well

• thank you :)

• Usually 2-3 times a week, twice is quite a lot if you're both busy or are studying or have jobs. PLUS you text her every day so that's pretty good of you. I think you're fine, but that's just me.

• She's a bit mad cause she wants to see more and i also dind't take her out for a date in about 2 months. I do plan on taking her out next Saturday.

• Good luck with your relationship!

• thanks :)

• Twice seems excellent. She requires more attention. That could be a deal breaker when it comes to mutual happiness.

• my boyfriend goes to a different school and i see him usually once or twice during the school week and usually on the weekends. im perfectly fine with it, because people do get busy and things come up. you should talk to your girlfriend to see what's really going on and see why she got so upset

• At least every other day, because if you love each other you wouldn't want to stay away that long

• i can 3 times a week. Every other day is a lot cause we're both busy

• That would be a great solution to your problem there. You'd see her every morning and night.

• we have been dating almost for a year and living together is something for marriage or 4-5 years together

• If you both don't have time then she can get over it

• It depends on the business.

If you are putting an effort to see her, then even once a month sounds lovely.. even though it is kind of painful to go that long without seeing each other.

But if you just brush it off like it's no big deal and give the vibe of you not caring, then 2 times a week might make her feel the way she said.

So, I think you both need to have a talk to clear things up.

✌❤

• i could do 1 more time a week and i have no take her out in 2 onths so maybe that is why. I will however take her out on Saturday

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on your schedules, how close your homes are, and how long you have been dating. More info please!

• If I could I'd spend every second of everyday with my girlfriend, she's my best fried and the person I love to hang out with the most... Making out and sex is just a very nice bonus ;)