Are dating sites a realistic option for guys?

I'm a 20 year old guy and considering trying out a dating site, mostly just for fun, but also hoping something could come out of it. I used to hate the idea of dating sites and thought they were too forceful, but meh could be interesting as just another possible way to meet girls. The question is, do you think they are a realistic option for guys? I've mostly just heard that they are full of guys desperately messaging every girl, and girls just looking through millions of messages and picking out the most attractive dude because they have so much choice. Doesn't sound the best and really puts me off trying just to keep my dignity, I'm not a pirahna who wants to attack any woman who dares swim in the sea of online dating creepy guys. lol. So yeah. thoughts? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls do get messaged by everyone under the sun but they are usually just weak type fishing messages like 'you're hot'. Or 'hey'.

About 1 in 10 are genuine messages that display they at least read your profile. Honestly I look at dating sites as just helping me set parameters for meeting a guy and going on a first date. That's where you find out kind of who they are in real life and it helps you meet people you wouldn't otherwise who could be completely right for you. As everything becomes more online you get less and less chances to meet people out around town shopping or whatever so it only makes since that now match mako is an online thing.

I hated the idea at first too but I adore my man who I met online.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly yea. But I tried tinder just for the sake of it. And although I have had several matches, I have stopped trying but I have been having a conversation going for several weeks now (two convos actually). So there is always the chance, dude.

What Girls Said 2

• Too young for a dating site, you should have enough real life options. Focus the energy you would put into the dating site, and put that effort into socialising in real life and asking girls out there. Just as much effort put into both, but one is much more substantial.

• depends on what you're looking to get out of it. I know plenty of people who LOVE dating sites purely because they allow lots of variety and less risk of emotional entanglement. but just be prepared for things to get weird every so often.

http://cleverlemon.me/

What Guys Said 1

• The numbers favor women as far as online dating goes.