How do you ask a girl out when you have to be her friend first?

How do you ask a girl out when you have to be her friend first? That's what I don't understand. Let's say I walk up to a girl behind doing her job. Would you just ask her to go out to movies or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, most of the guys I've dated went through the "friends" stage. It's when you get to know each other in a casual way. There's little flirting happening, but no direct display of affections. I think that girls would like to get to that stage where they're comfortable around you first, before deciding to go out and officially date you. When you're almost at that point, try to isolate her from her friends and invite her to "hang out". You'll know she's interested in going further when she's fine with just the 2 of you "hanging out". Plus, IF EVER your affections for her disappeared or she doesn't really "like u" like u(IF EVER! ), at least you've made and established a good friendship with her.

What Girls Said 4

• I would go vintage. And ask her what she is doing friday, saturday, or sunday, never during the week on the first date. And then if she has nothing going on ask her to see a movie or go out to eat or shop, something fun like arcade, be creative.

• You should probably get her number and flirt with her over the phone. Then ask her out one day while you are talkin 2 her.

• Definitely ask her out, what better time is there than the present? Just do it you'll thank yourself later.

• Not really. You should become friends for like a week then FLIRT then ask out.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on what kind of job it is that she is doing. You can start a conversation about her job and make a few fun comments about it and say maybe you could keep the conversation going over a cup of coffee but leave it there. And the next time you see her, you can bring her a cup of coffee and say that you were busy that you couldn't meet somewhere else but at whereever she is, thus you brought the coffee. The next time you see her, you can now ask her about that cofee and ask her for a date.

• You need a wingman for this. Get a slightly ballsy friend to simply go up to her and say "Hey, my friend really likes you, so I was just wondering if you are single." Make sure she doesn't know you as the friend though. That could get embarrassing. Once you know the field's open for play, you pluck up the nerve to talk to her...about anything. It really doesn't matter. Here's a helper if at any point you can make her smile (or even better, laugh) you stand a much better chance at the next step. Now the hard part, you suck up the fear and simply ask her if she would like to do something sometime (I'm being vague on purpose).

If you specify a date it leaves you open to "Sorry, I'm busy that day." Now it may be true but it'll come across like she's not interested. So if she saysshe'd like to do something, something...now you specify "How about Saturday night?" if she says Saturday's bad for her, don't stand there and rhyme off days, you'll seem desperate. Just smile and say...take all sarcasm out of your tone now "So, when would be good for you?".

You get the date, great! If not, don't beat yourself up you may feel like your confidence has taken a blow, but the fact you talked to the girl you like and threw it out there is huge!

• I think you don't know the definition used by the masses, "asking out"

when people say this, they mean either

1. take them out with you for a good time

2. or ask them to be yours and you to be theirs