Getting involved with a co-worker? Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Who has ever dated a co-worker? Did it work out? end badly? Did you like the person and they didn't feel the same? Please Share!

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating in the office is not a great idea. Not saying that it doesn't work out sometimes, but more often than not it ends bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done it once before (we dated for two years and then broke up, causing a lot of awkward tension at work), and now I'm starting to feel romantically interested (and I can tell he feels the same way) with my current boss, who used to be a co-worker of mine as well as someone I went to college with and have known for a while.

Nine times out of ten, it doesn't work out and creates an awkward work environment... not that it CAN'T work, but it generally is a bad idea unless you're 100% invested in the idea of being with them. It makes sense to be interested in co-workers since 95% of the time, they're the only people you see on a daily basis and have a chance to get to know them. I don't do bar hook-ups.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I haven't dated a co-worker per se, but I've had one show interest in me and so I let him take me out once. And it was a disaster. It also made work awkward so I don't really recommend it, but that's just me.

• What was the work setting may i ask? Retail? Office? Restaraunt? I see you are 21 is he the same age? Sorry for all the questions..

• It was a small family diner I worked at. And yes, same age, although I was 18 at the time.

• And it's fine! :)