Would you date an atheist?

If you found out a potential partner did not believe in god, would make an impact in your attraction to him/her? Would it be a deal breaker or something else?

Please elaborate why or why not?

*disclaimer: This is just for the sake of seeing multiple opinions.

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, not only am I dating an atheist, but I am also an atheist. So yes, I would definitely date an atheist.

However, as far as other religions are concerned, I would have no problem dating them, so long as they aren't trying to convert me. I don't want to date someone who doesn't respect my beliefs and opinions.

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on the person, if they could respect my beliefs then I could respect theirs and it wouldn't really be an issue. I wouldn't marry someone who was an atheist though or anyone who wasn't Christian not because I'm a crazy bible banger or anything like that just because when I have kids I don't want them to go, "Who has the right religion, you or Daddy," or anything along those lines. My religion's important enough to me that if I was married to someone who believed something drastically different it could cause issues sooner or later either between me and him, or his family, or my family and I just don't wanna deal with that.

• Not really. I'm a Christian and my boyfriend doesn't believe in God, but it's not a problem for us. He respects my beliefs just like I respect his

• I think that is matter or respect, I can respect someone not having the same beliefs as myself, it would depend on if he could respect my beliefs. Plus I would think that when it came to raising kids it may be something that may have to be talked about.

• Doesnt matter. Atheist also believe in love so I have nothing against it.

• I DON'T DATE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I AM 100% ANTI-RELIGIOUS! I LAUGH WHEN REVERENDS (OR WHAT EVER THEY ARE CALLED) COME TO MY HOUSE AND TALK ABOUT BORING FAKE SHIT LIKE "OH FATHER LOVES US..ETC" YUCK! (and I understand I am going to get ALOT of downward arrows!)

• No I would not. I am a Christian and I do not see myself in a relationship with someone who isn't because we don't believe the same thing and don't have the same core values. We wouldn't go to church together, have the same beliefs so what's the point? We are just not for each other.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as she's not an atheist fanatic. If I accept her beliefs, she should also accept mine and not try to prove to me that God doesn't exist.

• It would be better they be an atheist than some freak who obsesses over religion.

• Well it really depends on thier attatude towords God and Christians ok if thier she's respectful to my religon, only jokes about it a little, and dosn't hate Christans then yeah I'll date her but if she is rude, over the top obnoxious, treats Christians like sh*t, or trys to convince me that there's no God then the the bitch has got to go...

• I have no problems with it.