Do you consider 15 years a big age gap?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. 13 and 28 is creepy (and illegal), while 57 and 42 is really not that much. Rule of thumb: the younger must be at least half the age of the older + 7 years for society to approve, e. g.: 44 = older person, younger is 22+7 = 29, Not a hard and fast rule. It really comes down to what percentage of difference does this 15 years represent? For 100 and 85 it would be meaningless, almost non-existent; the younger both people are, the more significant it becomes. It's not really linear, more like a hyperbola.

• by the way I have a friend who is 57 with a 44-year old wife. Nobody has ever said that it seemed strange or anything. Perhaps it helps he looks closer to her age than his own?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how old they are.
    If it's like an 18 y/o with a 33 y/o, then yeah, it's a huge ass gap.
    But if it's like a 40 y/o with a 55 y/o, then it's not that big of a gap.
    I know a couple who are 17 years apart. They are married, they have 2 kids, they're great together.

What Guys Said 32

• I don't even pay attention to stuff like that. My only concern in dating is compatibility. If you get along and care for one another, that's all that matters. The thought police will try to tell you otherwise, but last time I checked, none of them are paying yours or my bills, so they don't get a vote. Follow your heart.

• Depends. In 1999, I was 36 and simultaneous had the hots for a girl who had just turned 21 and a woman who just turned 52. I had no qualms dating 15 years up or down... And neither did my uncle who was about 46 when he hooked up with his eventual 4th wife who was 16 years younger than him (and 16 years older than me).

• Larger than most relationships sure, but that does not mean it is a bad thing. compatibility is more important than age anyways.

• Not if the younger party is at least 50 years old.

• It's a pretty damn big gap so explain to me why, when I'm on duty as a bouncer in bar - I have these 22 year old GIRLS coming on to me? I don't understand it. I don't want to be rude to them... cuz they're regulars and all... but it's just weird. Weirder when a girl asks me what time I get off shift. Thank God the bar doesn't really close until 5am - most girls won't wait around that long.

• Not so much for having fun but I think its a little to wide to be serious

• It's all about individuals. If both are over 18, then who cares? Go for it.

• I mean, if I was older I would be fine with it, right now it would be to much of an age gap. She would be 12 after all.

• Before the current "situation", I thought it was big, now I'm not sure. The gal I'm interested in is 23 and I'm 36 (ok, "only" 13 years). It's interesting for sure. You can PM me if you want. I'd like to "compare notes" (not sure how to put it any other way... LOL).

• Yes, it's a very big age gap.

• my mate being 15 years younger than me - wow i dont care lol :P
    but if older than me :(.. i would consider it as a big age gap :P

hahaha.. its actually considered as a big age gap because one of the partner would be very close to retirement when he/she wanna marry and have some kids... which they may not be able to handle :)

• No age is just a number you can't help who you fall in love with so go for it.
    It's your private life and got sod all to do with anyone else.

• at you're age it seems about right

• Yes, I do. But it depends on people's ages.

However, that alone shouldn't stop you if you're really into the idea. Just be prepared people to judge you.

• Yeah its pretty big, Especially for dating

• Well, if I was 16 I wouldn't shag a 1 year old.

• If theyre old enough to crawl theyre in the right position ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• If your Under 50 yes, its a large gap

• depends on the age of the two persons... if they are 15 and 30, yes. if they are 60 and 75, no

• Yes, The gap is way too large

• that gap is older than me

• Yes. I do.

• Yes, but it's not bad, anyway. I like older women.

• I do... I keep my range 5 to 10 years younger and 5 years older. Beyond that, you don't have as much in common in what you've experienced in life... not to mention your likely taste in music.

• At your age, yes, but not when a lot older.

• Sounds pretty big to me.

• anything less than dead should do.

• yeah tbh. =filler=

• On this planet yes

• no. I think the human lifespan is going to be pretty huge in the next 50 years.

• Well for me younger of course because they'd be freaking 6. 15 above I don't mind though most girls don't like younger guys. Honestly if you two get along go for it. Unless the dudes 15 years younger in which case don't that's a kid.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 21

• Not if you're both over the age of 18. I'm all for age gaps, I don't understand why people are so afraid of them, they can make the relationship fun/different.

Someone doesn't have to be within 3 years of your age in order to get along with you, treat you right or love you.

• Completely depends on the ages.. If the eldest is 40 or younger then yes. I mean, 15 years is 15 years, but the older you both are the more mentally grown you both are and its not as big of a deal.

• no not really I think 40 years is too old!

• It depends on the respective ages of the people involved. My parents have a 15 year age gap and they have a great relationship.

• I've been there.. To be honest, I felt normal. He was older than me and even tho some worried and was skeptical, he had the mind of a 25 yr old. He was young, fun, considerate and I enjoyed dating him.

• Yeah it seems. But mostly depends on two people. And their personal growth.

• yes it is a huge gap. The gap between my ex and I was 12 and we got dirty looks anywhere we went. Some people even asked me how old I was. It is not their business anyway but this is our society. If you like the guy, do not worry about people's opinions and go for it.

• Its fairly large yes.

• I do, yes. My parents have a 17 year gap, my dad being the oldest. This has caused many problems for them, because they are, And have always been two different places.

• I think it's okay when the guy is older than you. I don't find it comfortable when a girl is older than the guy by more than a year.

• LOL these age gap questions are always so awkward for me because I think it is indeed perverted to date someone with that kind of age gap. But the thing is People say I look only about half my age so guys my own age hardly ever approach me T_T

• When one was born the other was a teen.

So yeah, big age gap.

• Yeah, that's a pretty big gap.

• Yes I consider 15 years a big age gap.

• Personally i think it is

• yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• yes its as old as me and I feel like I've lived forever!

• "Age is just a number baby" Taylor laughter thinks it's fine 😊

• yes yes yes

• No not if he is the older one

• Hell no. In fact I'd love to find myself entangled with a ravishing 38 yo.