What did you get your girlfriend for her birthday/ what did your boyfriend get you?

Before all you men go off about how women are materialistic it really isn't like that. It's the thought that counts and I don't want anything expensive but I'd much prefer a silver necklace or bracelet I can wear and think about him as opposed to a gadget.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my experience unless you have been dating for a few years or he has a gal pal or sister help him they are pretty lost. Be glad he remembered and made an effort. 😊

What Guys Said 15

• Whenever i was in a relationship, i would just take her someplace she likes to go and get her small things like clothes, perfume (ones that i liked 😛), and candy, chocolates or snacks. I called it the "Birthday Bundle".

I always got bigger gifts on valentines day and our anniversary. Those two occasions are more important to me than birthdays because it celebrates us together rather than just one of us seperately.

On valentines day instead of getting actual gifts, i would take her to do something romantic. And on anniversaries instead of getting more materialistic things i would get more meaningful and symbolic gifts.

• I got her a mop and an apron.

• Lets see, I bought her flowers, a teddy bear, candy. And I made this vid or well 2 vids that made her bawl her eyes pretty much :). Well okay, think was 10 other things too, movies since like that, t-shirt of her favorite band, this necklace thingy and so on.

• oooooo What do you say Zo, do I get the right ones? haha @soccerchick4eva <3

• I bought her a sword

• I got her a Victoria Secret Gift Card, She gave me birthday sex...

• Don't give gift cards...

• @CapitanMurica My boyfriend got me a $200 Victoria Secret card one year and I loved it, don't listen to them lol

• Love gift cards! They make the best gifts, in my opinion.

• Start off small and meaningful! My first few gifts to my girlfriend were all heartfelt and signified something bigger. We've been together for a year an a half now and I'm positive she's the one. It's now that I started mixing in the louis vuitton and Burberry for special occasions. Build a strong love before you try to impress with flashy gifts!!!

• My girfliend and I recently had a chat about what we might do for my birthday even though its months away. We discussed things like Do I get her a gift or does she get me a gift.
    My birthday is Valentines day

• I gave my wife an XBOX one. She bought me a PS4 and had sex with me.

I'm a happy man.

• A good " servicing " !! hahaha

• Nothing cause I don't have a girlfriend

• I broke up with her. She won't forget that birthday anytime soon.

• this year she getting a house and a private jet so she can go see her family when ever she wants or their can visit her

• I got her a battery operated vibrating butt plug.

She loves it, by the way.

• I got her a pair of silver earrings and a floral arrangement - we're several thousand miles distant so I, unfortunately, couldn't attend, but I lit a candle and we skyped while she unwrapped her gift.

My birthday hasn't come up yet.

What Girls Said 15

• I've never gotten anything from a boyfriend for a birthday. But if I did, I would be happy with a simple card, or even if he made dinner for me that night. Even just spending time with me would be nice :)

I would also like a necklace or earrings from him, nothing expensive just cheap. I can wear them and think of him.

• My boyfriend and I's birthday's are both in December and often get mixed in with Christmas. I don't really like gifts because I'm not very materialistic. While my boyfriend has always wanted heart felt gifts that have been thought about and special. So this year I'm making him his very own blanket ( he just moved to a new place and doesn't have very much home stuff). I also plan on getting him a watch because he broke his favorite one recently. Finally, I came across this great idea. "Open When..." letters. You basically write letters to someone that say when to open them. Like "Open when you're missing me" or "Open when you're frustrated". I also told him not to get me anything because he's struggling to save up for a new car while making payments on his apartment and phone. It really doesn't other me that I don't get birthday presents or Christmas presents because I like giving more than receiving. To me, seeing someone I care about love something I got them is better than getting a gift.

• For my birthday he took me to dinner.

For his birthday I drove 7 hours to visit him at school, brought him a peanut butter pie, and Cards Against Humanity.

Now just to decide what to get him for Christmas... hmmm

• >> Cards Against Humanity.

Wise choice. I had a friend "smuggle" me a copy from the USA, they don't ship that game to "inferior countries".

• @ Mesonfielde - I got him the base pack and then six expansions. He was impressed.

• I went to Seahawks store and got him a t-shirt, jacket, and a pic of the team.
    For my birthday, he got me flowers, teddy, chocolate and Macy's gift card.

• I feel like a witch because I'd rather just have a $30 necklace full stop. I just want something from him I can wear and think of him all day.

• necklace is a cute gift. For him, get something that he would use every day like a wallet or something for his car.

• er... don't have one! But if I did... i'd give him a hug and some candy!

• We're in a long distance relationship so for his upcoming birthday, I'm planning on driving to see him and spending the weekend together :)
    He's also into offroading so I got him a guide book on trails at where I live, which I think would be nice since he also has the guide from the same series for trails at where he lives :) plus, he's always wanted to get the same book I got him too so I'm just getting it for him as a gift :)

• Me and my partner don't get each other anything. We live togeather and shair the same bank account so my money is his and his money is mine. That way we can treet our selfs when ever we want and dont have to ever worry about buying each other anything.

• he got me a giant panda aw, tons of chocoalate and spend weeks/months making me the cutest card ever
    as in for what I got him , he's on this website and he still doesn't know so i want it to be a surprise *cant say*
    but last year i got him a cottoncandy machine

• We both like video games, so I got him new upgraded computer parts for his gaming pc and paid for the sub for some of his games he likes to play. And he got me a better gaming keyboard, a better gaming mouse and a choker.

• My boyfriend bought me a pair of shoes , two tops a classic jacket and couple ring for me and him as a bitthday present :) it made me happy not cuz i am materialistic but the feeling of being took care of is amazing

• My birthday was a couple days ago and my boyfriend bought me candy from my favourite Swedish candy store, a video game that we can play together, and a diamond necklace.

• I haven't celebrated neither my b-day or my boyfriend's b-day yet. I will get him a PS4 for Christmas this year, and a pair of Jordan's for his birthday when it comes up

• I got my boyfriend 2k16, Madden and took him out to eat... He broke up with me a week before mine 💁🏽

• I gave my last boyfriend a blowjob but we're not together anymore.

• Fairytale manga series