What should I do?

Hi,

So I live in Europe and I met a girl from the USA on Twitch and we started texting. We now text pretty much every day. I am not the type of person who texts many, if any, girls. She is the first person to spend time texting and video calling with me. She said she liked me and I said the same thing and now she's been saying things like 'love u' for the past month or so. In the beginning I felt that way too and said it back. She sends me a lot of pictures (including bad pics and videos), without me even asking for it, but I never send anything other than my face back.

Though it turned out she says (or at least has said) 'love u' to others she has never met either. Every time I bring such things up she tells me that I am special and all that, but I don't know.
Recently, she was pissed because some guy was threatening her to use her pictures if she stopped talking and sending pictures to him. I do not know when she sent these pictures and/or these included bad pictures, but I'm guessing they are or she wouldn't be this upset and almost crying.

I am always honest, even if it isn't the right thing to do, and honestly the feeling I had is fading away. Though, she is the first to spend her time (quite some) talking to me. If I tell her I don't want to talk anymore I know she'll be very sad. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Girl

• My advice is phase her out. Don't be so available to chat and tell her it's hurting you being so far away and you can't continue knowing you'll never see her. If she is sending bad pics to you she's sending them to everyone. In her eyes you're special because you're there right now. In a few months she'll be crying to some other guy who is also special. Move on as quickly as you can

• Thank you, but I can't simply say it hurts being so far away because I cannot lie.

• Sorry I thought you still had some feelings there. Then I would just say it isn't working you need to find someone you can see and go on dates with. You know what you both have just won't work in the long run

• No need to be sorry. Thank you for your advice. I had sort of figured it wasn't gonna work in the beginning but I went with it anyway, which might have been a mistake after all. Anyway, thanks

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• This thing you have together will probably fade in time. Let it. You've gained some experience here but in my view it's best to pursue relationships face to face.