Boyfriend told me to stop thinking about what to make for dinner at his place because he is the host?

He says he can order in food or cook something very simple. He love my food but he wants me to stop cooking for him. Why is that?

I just like to cook something tasty and healthy for him, also it's my way to reciprocate.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he wants you to be able to relax and have a night off from kitchen duty. Makes sense to me. Don't take it as an insult or anything, graciously accept it and enjoy the romantic dinner he's planning for you (Even if it is takeout... Gotta give the guy credit for thinking of you like this and being a good host!)

• Didn't take it as insult, was just wondering why. I just don't want him to spend too much money. Cos he takes me to fancy places for date night. When we stay in I just like to cook for him, I'm a really good cook. My cookings are delicious and healthy. Just want to look after him

• At the same time though if he's cooking the meal himself and he's struggling to keep up with everything and you see that the food on the stove is going to burn while he's elbows deep in doing something else to prepare the meal, it would be OK if you jumped up and took the pot off the burner for him ;-) just keep your involvement to the minimum without letting the house burn down or the meal get destroyed. Ask me how I know that one. LOL

• Gotcha, let the man be the man or else it hurts more. Ok I will save cooking together for another night. He probably have no plans for dinner tomorrow night.. could be just pasta and pasta sauce LOL. anywya I will just appreiciate and relax while watching him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let him do it once. Feel what he feels when you do it.
    This is the way he wants to reciprocate.

If he insist in buying food tell him you prefer homemade food.

And if he wants to cook more than once... You can do it together. I'm guessing he doesn't know how to cook so just help him out. You gonna have a great time cooking together

• haha yea his cooking style is pasta and pasta sauce :P I make everything from scratch. he already took me to fancy place last night. I guess the middle ground is cooking together. and I can tell him ok this is what we should do :P

• Great! You both can have a great time as he can learn... and someday you'll be enjoying his cooking skills as much as he enjoys yours :)

What Guys Said 3

• I think he feels like he is leeching from you. He wants to feel like you can go to his place and not be expected to cook for him. If you really like it, then tell him that you want to cook for him and that as much as he wants to feel like you are welcome in his home, you want to show your appreciation by cooking for him. It would even be disrespectful to you to not let you do this for him ;-)

• Oh good point... yea I do cook more than he takes me out. he probably see it as leeching. I didn't see it this way as he takes me to fancy places. If we take away emotions, the dollar values adds up to be about the same.

I will tell him that I just like to show appreciation :)

• It was funny we did some cooking together before. I let him do some very simple task and he did well

• Wasn't it fun? :-)
      Those are nice moments.

• He probably just wanted to do something nice for you.

• he does take me to fancy restaurants to dates. I just like to balance it out by cooking for him.

• I don't know why but he's a fool if he doesn't marry you right away.

• He probably is a fool :P

What Girls Said 1

• He wants you to stop forever or only this one time?

• Not sure, but he probably meant he should be feeding me when I'm at his place. I just like to reciproate as he pays when we go out

• Personally I dont belive someone has to reciporate straight away every time the other person does something for them.. he will do something for you this time and then later or another time you can do something for him.

• True that