Is an obsession to get rich that much of a turn off?

I have a serious obsession to get rich. I hustle like no other and I'm about to graduate college. Have a capital of $113,000. Not going to go into details or my plans but I think a 6 figure capital during college and no debt is impressive itself.

Truthfully would a girl see this as a bad thing. Would love to be rich with my future wife. It is indeed an obsession though. I haven't dated in years lol.. I live like a hermit and only work.. workout.. and school.

• Turn on.. you know money
  • Turn off.. I wouldn't date you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm completely obsessed with money too !! Really obsessed , mainly for logical reasons, so I completely get where you're coming from

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a similar obsession. What do you do? Please PM me.

What Girls Said 29

• No, I don't want to be rich, I want to be doing well enough to where I can live comfortably, and I guess I'm on the right track haha. Money is just paper, and sure it can get you all the latest gadgets and fancy things you want, but I don't care about that kind of stuff. People that have an obsession with money tend to be nasty people, I'm more focused on your heart and soul than what you can buy. You can't buy a kind heart. I don't know why you would spend so much of your time worried about something as temporary and meaningless as money. I'm focused on where I'm going when I die, I could care less about living like a rich person. Even all the money in the world can't buy you a place in heaven, so why treat it like it matters as much as you're making it to?

• There's nothing wrong in my opinion with wanting to be successful and make money. I have the same goal. However it is not good if it is a obsession and takes over your life. I'd be too worried that a guy like that will be a workaholic and not be there for me and our relationship.

• Sorry, but it's a huge turn off for me... I couldn't be with someone who has an obsession like that. I need freedom in a partner, and to have a partner who is obsessed with something as powerful as money would feel really dark to me. Obsessions of any kind trap the mind and the spirit, and I couldn't handle that.

It's a plus to be financially stable and know your way around money, don't get me wrong... but it's not something I need more and more and more of. Feeding addictions turns them into a spiral of greed that can be hard to escape from.

• Depends on how a relationship with you is. No woman is going to object to a rich man. We seek a protector and a provider. A rich man is a great candidate.
    But we also need a partner and if your workaholism takes over our life together and you can't meet my emotional needs, or if you have some messed up value system regarding money, as in you measure life trough it, then the fact that you're a great provider can't make up for it. No way. I would dump you as soon as you show me you can't meet my companionship needs.

• I'm actually curious as to why you have the desire to be so wealthy?

I can admire a man that works hard to provide a good life for his family, to help out his parents, to have the ability to do charitable things with such riches. But many people with this lust for riches tend to only want it so they can raise their status in society or to women, to spend in excess, and that is a turn off.

You should balance your life, being rich will not make you happy as you would be with having relationships in your life outside of work and school (and the gym haha)

Money comes and goes, time is something you can never take back.

• if its all you care about or talk about then its a turn off. but if it just makes you work harder, then its a turn on.

• I am a girl looking for love, protection and physical affection. A man possessed by the drive to be rich wouldn't be able to give me the love and time I need.

• Nah as long as he doesn't do anything crazy!

• If you actually hustle and obsess way too much about money than yes, that's definitely a turn off. Like why you so desperate for da bills?

• Not a turn off. You are ambitious and have set a goal for yourself. You'd have to be kidding yourself if you have no desire to be so financially well off that you don't have to worry about what bills to jungle and if you have enough money in your account to by an item from the dollar menu. My aim is to become rich and create my own empire. If that's a turn off for a guy then it's his loss. I only want to be with someone who is as ambitious as me and not trying to drag me down.

• It's important to have ambition, but as I do not value money, that kind of ambition would turn me off completely. Good for you, but not for me, bro.

• It's never going to be a "turn on" persay. But it could be a "turn off".

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you can separate/balance your life well. What matters is placing priorities on what's important to you.

If a woman is important to you, you'll need to focus more of your attention you used to have elsewhere, on her.

It's all about balancing responsibilities and focus depending on your priorities.

• Being a workaholic who has no time for a relationship is a huge turn off.

• But imagine.. By the time I'm 27-28 I'm done with work driving a lambo and living off a quarter million a year doing nothing.

• Why didn't you put that in your original post instead of misrepresenting yourself? You made yourself sound horrible.

• I bet a lot of people would have voted differently if they understood your motivations. Your poll results are all messed up now.

• As long as you realize that money doesn't buy happiness, I'm okay with your obsession

• I don't care if you're smart and would like to be wealthy, I want to be well off as well, but obsession.. that's a whole different story. I wouldn't date anyone with any kind of obsession. I find it unhealthy no matter what it is.

• its a complete turnoff someone who is obsessed with money...

• It's a bit of a turn off because your obsession is with being rich (which is the end result) rather than successful which looks more at the process.

• You should have an answer as "it doesn't matter" it can be thought of that you want to provide for your families future. Plus money seems to be all the world can think about and focus on. It's not a turn off though just matters how much ur obsessed with it.

• I like it! That means I get to live in a comfortable house and have a comfortable or luxurious lifestyle! = )

• I honestly don't see it as a turn on or a turn off. If that's what you want to do then I want you to do you, but it doesn't make you any more or less appealing to me. When your "obsession to get rich" gets in the way of our relationship, that will be a problem.

• Obsession is a negative thing. I love money but to obsess over it is a huge turn off. Money can't buy happiness and good characters. Very unhealthy.

• only if it would get in the way of a relationship

• I'm honestly the same way... It's not so much as get rich as id like to be comfortable... And retire at 60 with no worries.

• Yeah, any kind of obsession is a turn off.

• I would not date you. I hate guys who are into money.

• While ambition can be a good trait to have, taking it to obsession is too much (for me). I would start questioning if making more money was more important than me. I have no desire to be rich (just to live comfortably) so our goals in life would clash. There are some women out there that are equally ambitious with money and would probably make a better partner.

• To me it's a huge turn off.

• Yes I would date someone like that if, of course, he had other things I'm looking for in a guy as well. I also want to be rich so I can understand him.

• I am sorry but it scares me. I mean just running after money.

That scares me.
    ✌❤

What Guys Said 16

• in my opinion I think the issue with most women won't be the drive to be successful... it is the love and admiration of money that you portray comes off as shallow.

• "I have a serious obsession to get rich"
    " I haven't dated in years lol"

I think you really should compare these two lines, and you'll find the underlining issues that are caused by such desire for excess cash.

• Honestly, you only have one life, so why not aim for your goals? If I was you though, I wouldn't flaunt it or always talk about making money. Unless they are business orientated, but for a general purpose conversation it's best to keep those goals to yourself and just act on them.

• As long as it wasn't about that dumb desire, i watched my family get torn apart because of it, but if it can be moderated then sure :)

• Greed is not attractive especially if you aren't there to spend time with her but money is attractive to women to a certain extent because they like to know they can be provided for

• Apparently girls see determination, ambition, and discipline as a "bad thing".
    Lol

• I like all those hypocrite girls saying it's a turn off.

• It's like everything that women say but don't understand with men, a successful man that they are attracted to, probably had this exact mental mindset. Yet a girl would say its a turn off. Women want a guy who is good in bed, he probably was a player (the guys that women don't like apparently) before being with her. Could go on but you get the picture.

• As long as you don't hoard money and do nothing with it. As long as you're giving back to society.

• If a girl was like this it would be a turn on for me.
    I love hard working dedicated people

• To me, it is.

• everybody wants to be rich

• From what I've learned people love ambition but hate obsession with money. People who have desire and passion to create something or bring something to the world is beloved. Someone who just wants money just sounds greedy. And greedy people seem weak and cruel. It's not attractive. Being rich is desirable but obsessing over money usually isn't.

• Starting from zero, it's possible to become rich. But only if you neglect about all other things and persons in life. And it will take many years.
    Success on finding a wife willing to be neglected that long. Gold diggers prefer ready made millionaires.

• It's not impossible. I started from zero and look at my capital today.

• Dude, fuck the lying women in that poll.

Seriously, tip of the hat to you. The economy is only going to get more polarized, and you'll either be rich or out in the cold. Guess where women will want to be?

Keep at it.

• I'm guessing the way you got that money is from rich mommy and daddy?
    Most people don't like entitled spilled bratty kids.

• Fck no I grew up poor. I saved all my money since 16 years old. Last two years i drove for uber and hustled. I would pull in $3200 a month. I invested $2,000 into my dividend stalks and I was making a 10% annual return. I was hustling uber at 60 hours a week AND I was taking a full college load. GTFO. *Drops mic*

But honestly it's people like you that are going to be poor. Social Mobility is far from impossible. This is just social darwinism at work.

• **Hurt your feelings

• No you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm above you. Your mindset says all. Your mindset is why you will not make it. I know I will.

• Of course, they would. Money and a high social status in a man is what attracts women.

• Look at the poll bro

• They're clearly lying to themselves. Girls always do that to seem non-shallow ;)