He won't consider a relationship with me because of his religion?

So I got coffee with this guy, he paid, messaged me later in the day and we kept talking for hours. I thought it had gone well. That was yesterday. Today he asked me how I feel, tell him I think he's sweet, then he explains that he can't date me cause of his religion and he couldn't accept his "wife" not having as stronger faith.

i was taken way way back. He'd been giving me signals he liked me! Can anyone who's religious like this explain what the heck is going on? We're still talking now, cause I understand where he's coming from and can settle with friendship but he's still being so nice.

Most Helpful Guy

• You might understand where he's coming from - but I don't.

It absolutely shouldn't matter, in my opinion. Personally, I've know girls that were this way and I was just... "Ah, okay" ... and I just kept fishing for other girls. Really, if it's that important to her, then exactly how much fun is she going to be as a wife? How many fucking rules is she going to put on MY behavior and how hard is it going to be to raise kids with her - knowing she'll probably have all kinds of restrictive rules on them as well.

LOL - I have known girls who will "convert" just to get the guy. Knew a girl who had nothing in common with Islam but she converted to Islam just to be with this one guy. What a loser - that relationship lasted about five seconds after she went to all the trouble to get the special clothes and learn Islam. She found out... SURPRISE! The guy was an asshole.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, I know where he's coming from. In some religions, it's preferred for a guy and a girl to have a relationship only after they're married.
    For instance, Islam says opposite genders can't make out or touch each other the way couples do if they're not married. So, that's why he says he can't 'date' you. Don't get me wrong, Muslims are allowed to date if they're interested in each other but not do things Christians, for instance, do. They can have dinner together, walks on the beach, etc, but not make out, or have sex.
    That's the only explanation to what he meant that I'm know pretty sure of.
    I hope this was helpful!

What Guys Said 2

• Not religious at all but I hear you. All religion is supposed to promote the good in life and denounce evil. I still cannot get a satisfactory religious answer as to how substance from cross religious relationships or even sex is supposed to be beneficial to humans spiritually or physically. Surly something so wonderful should be praised and drink sired not demonized and repented for?

• Than he clearly isn't with it

What Girls Said 2

• He has his rules and his family prefers he marries someone who shares his faith from his religion.

• He probably does like you but he wants someone that he described.

I have liked a lot of guys but same reason I had to move on because I knew it won't workout. It will be fun and good in the beginning but not so much later on.

Maybe you two have different views, etc

• So you don't think it was a cop out cause he don't actually like me?

• Nope I don't think it's because of that. :)