Did I scare him away or did he never like me like that?

I was talking to a guy and I brought up commitment and his intentions. He pulled away and basically just stopped talking to me. I asked him what happened and he said he isn't mad at me but that he just wants his space because he doesn't want a relationship at the moment. Did I scare him away by bringing that up or did he not like me in that way to begin with? And is there anything I can do about it?

What Guys Said 1

• Why should he get into a relationship? Marriage & relationships are always shit these days... NOT WORTH IT

What Girls Said 1

• It might be a little of both. Just imagine you being really close friends with someone, they seemed like they were happy around you all the time, and you really liked having them as a friend. And then one day they come up to you and spill their guts about how they like you and they really want to be in a relationship with you. And then you're just in shock because you thought you were just friends. And then you feel so stupid for not noticing how much they like you and you think back to all the flirty thing they did or you might've done to lead them on. And then you're torn because you love them as a friend but you don't want to date them and you know that you could like them, like it's not like it's nit a possibility but you don't like them. So then you're stuck either dating your friend who you don't have romantic feelings for so you can still be friends with them, or losing them completely because they just gave their heart to you and you don't accept it because you don't feel that way.

• We weren't just friends though like we hooked up a couple times and I know he liked me