If you haven't made a relationship official are there any rules?

Me and this girl have been dating for a month, she calls me babe and sees me at least 4 times a week. Now i haven't asked her to be my girlfriend, and she says she likes whatever this is. Now can I get mad if she talks to other guys? Like since it isn't official are there any rules?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. A lot of girls in our generation have been taught to "keep our options open" until a man specifically asks for exclusivity because it's so common for a man to think differently about the status of the situation than us. So if you don't like that she's talking to other guys, ask her to be your girlfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• You say your relationship is that you have been dating for a month and you see each other a lot but you haven't asked her to be your girlfriend which in my opinion you should ask yourself if you want to be together for longer and if the answer is 100% no doubt yes then you should definitely "secure" a spot in her life and be boyfriend/girlfriend and then if you do that and she keeps talking to other guys on a level that isn't platonic then I don't think you should get mad but instead talk to her about it and tell her you don't like that.

What Girls Said 5

• I am not sure!

• Yeah why don't you just clarify that you aren't seeing anyone else she? It doesn't have to be a big conversation just be like I'm more of a one at a time guy once I decide I like a girl. She'll probably be like me too and then that's that.

• Why does it always have to be the guy who asks though? I mean she says she;s fine with what we have, she did ask me if i was talking to anybody else. I didn't ask her though back though cause if she is i rather not know.

• It isn't always the guy but more than not women just don't want to pressure you. But in this case it sounds like she may have already tried to have the talk with you and you didn't reciprocate. If you are sleeping with her wouldn't you want to make sure she isn't sleeping with someone else? You get the vibe she is seeing other people? You have to be true to yourself and ask yourself what YOU really want from the relationship. Are you just looking to go out and have fun with her or are you developing feelings? If you are it is better to know now than later if you are the same page or not trust me.

The fact that you don't want to know pretty much means either way you need to know before it gets any deeper. Crap you see her four times a week where would she even find the time? But if she isn't ready for a relationship and you feel it turning into one you need to know. Sometimes we lie to ourselves building something that isn't really there and that is how people get hurt.

• Unless you're official, you can't really be mad at her.

• Not sure who makes the rules. This is very invidual. Of course you can get jealous if she talks to other guys but not mad because the two of you aren't committed. She can still date other guys as well.. It's up to you if you are okay with that. If she was your girlfriend then yes you have the right to be mad but right now, no.

• No. you are not exclusive... Sit down for 2 mins and clarify the terms of the relationship...

What Guys Said 0