Shallow or not?

Is it shallow to tell a girl, "I dont date darker skintones"? I understand its ok to have a preference, but to go out of your way to tell people/girls that you only date lighter skinned girls... that's a little much. Girls, how does this make you feel when guys tell you things like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Having a preference is fine, but a preference is not the same as exclusivity. Exclusivity is shallow, as it implies anything outside of what you're exclusively dating is less than what you'd go for and unattractive. I have a preference for certain physical features in guys, but that doesn't mean it is all I am limited to. When someone limits themselves to a certain blueprint appearance wise, then yes it becomes shallow.

What Guys Said 4

• This is shallow and I wouldn't accommodate people like this.

• Where is this question coming from? Who said it? Also, why does this girl state "I don't date darker skin tones"?

• Yes it is shallow, but if you aren't attracted to darker skintones you shouldn't force yourself.

• It's OK to not prefer them but, to just dismiss them automatically because of their skintone, is racist. I mean, you never know, you might be missing out on a great person

What Girls Said 3

• Its a bit but you like what you like so!

• Shallow or not that was a rude thing to say. You're better off without that one.

• A guy has never said this to me but that is very rude and offensive. I respect people's preferences but there's no need for comments like that.