Is it possible to find a good guy on the dating website 'Ok Cupid?

If so, how do you weed out the losers. I have been on the dating website and met a few guys but they all were jerks. I didn't sleep with them and when I met them and conversed with them, I could tell what they were about. Any reccomendations.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely! I met my boyfriend there and while I wasn't going on dates from OKC every week (because I was quite selective) the ones I did go on usually led to at least a few more with the same guy.

I actually found that the key is having a good eye for reading over the details of their profile and reading between the lines and being proactive. Just as in real life most of the guys who initiate contact were kind of players or not looking for anything serious and had lame approach.

How someone describes the self in their profile gives you an idea of their personality but also why they are on there in the first place.

So it had to look over a lot of profiles but by doing so my dates were usually more well matched. And while we may not have chemistry the dates were always good conversation with people I genuinely liked as human beings.

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months now and I don't know if we would have gotten together if we met at a party because there is always that weird 'she's probably seeing someone' or whatever thing so you never know if the person is open to dating.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm on okcupid, not for a hookup, but to try and meet new women and see if we have chemistry. There are good men on there but you also might need to take a proactive approach. It may mean you have to initiate. The woman I'm currently talking to initiated and I'm glad she did. She's pretty awesome. There's a lot of people on there and people can slip by you

• You might find a good guy in any place. How high is the probability? Nobody knows.

• Sure, it's just luck of the draw

• Yeah, it's pretty terrible for guys as well. It's like the lottery or something. Or even worse, a contest.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think so!

• How long did you chat with them online before meeting them irl?