Is showing masculinity annoying to women?

I dont want to sound like I just want attention from women. But train at a mixed martial arts gym, and I just wanted to know if I mentioned that, would I just come off as a show off or would she most likely find it attractive. I guess I have to admit I technically would be showing off but I'de like to give some sort of good impression.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're talking about hobbies and interests, then it would be natural to bring it up. But if you're talking about something else completely and you suddenly say "hey I train at a mixed martial arts gym, pretty cool huh?" then yeah, you'll come off as kind of a douche lol.
    As for the actual title in a more general sense (and not just regarding talking about martial arts) I think showing some masculinity is fine. Like having a gentle, protective side or being strong. Hypermasculinity is really stupid, though. Such as starting random fights with some dude for "looking at you wrong" or constantly wanting to show off in front of all girls, like a peacock. That type of masculinity is a huge turn off and just speaks volumes about his aggressive and insecure side.

• Good response , those sort of tossers normally end up getting " Fifty Shades of Shit " kicked out of them , they will always start on someone that can wipe the floor with them. Seen this when working as door staff many years back.

Most Helpful Guy

• I train in a full contact martial art, and spar and have done some informal competitions.

I find women react pretty positively to it, but it probably depends how you bring it up, and what other attributes you have.

I'm generally a calm guy, pretty 'nice', so I'm not teetering on the edge of seeing like a douchebag before mentioning it.

Women want balance. They like a tough guy who likes kids, can cook, earn money, and knows what he wants in bed. If you're all one thing and not the others, they'll roll your eyes if you try to oversell the one good thing.

What Girls Said 15

• Well I actually do martial arts so that would probably be a great topic to talk to me about, make sure you fit it into the context of the conversation though like ask her for her hobbies or sports she likes or something and then bring it up, otherwise it might be kind of random and weird.

• it depends how you fit it into the conversation. if you just bring it up randomly you might look sort of douchey haha but fit it in well and it's fine and will probably be impressive

• If the topic of hobbies or "What do you do in your free time?" comes up, then absolutely bring it up. It's fun learning about what others are interested in or passionate about.

The only way I could see it being off-putting is if you brought it up randomly in a show-offy way. Just be humble about it when you bring it up. It's a pretty cool interest so you don't have anything to worry about.

• Well, most girls might think you're being narcissistic, but I guess it does depend on the girl. If she works out a lot and is proud of her physique, she might understand the passion that you have for exercise. However, if a girl is interested in deeper conversation, she might not care that you train at a mixed martial arts gym and find it superficial.

• Maybe if u just randomly blurt it out it would be annoying, but if u say it at an appropriate time I don't think it would b annoying. Of course she'll b interested in what u like of she's into u... so its ok to share :)

• There's a difference between discussing hobbies as you're getting to know someone, and bragging. If you mention it and she asks questions, talk about it but don't go overboard or start showing her your moves.

• Yessss you would some women like it but personally I don't its showing off if you show off your arms everyday

• no not really!

• Sounds like he's gloating. I find humble guys 12947492037x's more attractive

• I actually wanted to avoid gloating both while asking this question and if I were to tell a girl. By the way, humility and loyalty to me are the 2 most important things i look for in a friend, which is why I don't have many. They are hard to find.

• Maybe just bring it up if the topic ever comes up. Don't just say "hey you know I do mma? It's pretty cool I've won a bunch of competitions since I was little. It's really intense, not everyone can do it but if you work hard and practice anyone can do it"

• No it's great.

• No, lots of girls like that

• It's not attractive if it's said in the first minute or so but if you are passionate about something that's attractive.

• I think if you're asked about yourself... And you tell her that, then it's not showing off.. It's something about yourself.

• I don't think it would be counted as showing off its brought up and to the conversation

• Masculinity is a turn on for me. The only women who don't like it are the ones who don't like the idea of men having dominance.

What Guys Said 15

• My opinion is to let them discover the manliness in you instead of you trying to force it down their throats!!

• Dude, just stop caring about whether or not she's intrigued and show passion in your interests. Caring about whether or not she'll be impressed and whether or not she'll be engaged is a lot less attractive to chicks than being yourself, since all you're doing is allowing her existence to dictate your behaviour/conversations.. and who wants to talk to a yes man?

Bring it up if you want, and if she gets a douche vibe from you, then leave it at that. There's really no sense in completely filtering your dialogue just because she may or may not get the wrong impression, and if it happens either brush the situation aside like it doesn't matter or stop talking to a judgmental loser.

Never let women be your motivation, your muse, or what controls your life (in all senses, even dialogue). Any woman who says she doesn't like machismo guys are only thinking of when that machismo is affecting them and when it's negative aggression (like abuse and yelling), and don't factor is positive (?) aggression like being fucked right, directed, told 'no', and being defended. Women like manly men, and no amount of 'some women don't' will disprove the MAJORITY of women; I've seen women figuratively cum their pants seeing me break shit over frustration, and these women were women going to college and had stable family lives (women have gushed over me getting into fights and breaking bones, ffs).

Just remember that in all aspects of interaction, be it 'romantic' or platonic, there is a difference between passion and gratuitous bragging.

• Before you say something or add it to your pick up line, ask yourself what the purpose of telling her that is. What response do you want? What kind of women do you want that gives the response you are after?

In my experience women want guys with confidence not a gym membership. A lot of people go to MMA gyms... why are you different? What's special about it? Do you fight competively? Other than inflating your own ego, what is the benefit of using this as an enhancement to your persona? Should she dump you if you quit this gym in 6 months?

Look I am not knocking you personally, but my thought is that it is always better to be yourself, be humble but confident and most of all open and honest.

• Remember the true nature of martial arts: Regardless of the style, it is the art of homicide. Remember that.

Do you really want to be like those who flash guns as a show of masculinity or whose swinging real, sharpened, battle-ready blades just to look cool. Think of concealed carry. Think concealed carry.

If it should ever be revealed by you in word, don't consciously think of trying to show it. It must be appropriate. It must come out naturally as a natural part of the conversation. So, don't even think of revealing it. Just focus on the conversation and let the exchange happen naturally.

• Gotta bring it up as an organic part of the conversation. Don't be like that guy that "accidentally" drops a magnum condom out of his wallet...

• Nah man assume your masculinity and if women are uncomftorable about that then fck them. There is a strong pussification within our generation of men. I drive a big truck, shoots guns, I'm a bouncer, and I lift. Did I mention I have a normal size penis too? Don't become one of them mayne.. be yourself.

• It depends on how you do it. I usually don't bring up that I train MMA and lift weights and stuff until a girl or someone else brings it up so that it doesn't seem like I'm deliberately bragging or trying to impress her with it.

• You are talking about what you like.
    Ain't nothing wrong with that.

• Yes they hate it. They also hate money and big dicks.

• It'll sound like a boast. You think women like boasters? She'll roll her eyes and fuck you off in the politest way she knows. Your introverted ie your more interested in yourself than things around you. they're easy to spot. Every sentence begins with me or I. Women aren't interested in what you've got to say. They want you to be interested in their bullshit. Engage with it and sound interested and that'll flatter a woman. Not how much weight you can lift.

• Combat sports are about discipline , focus & control , If that comes through in your own personality in a non " peacock " style way , then that's a good masculine trait , and you will do well. Do NOT brag , you will come across as a total bell end !!

• It's all about how you casually slide that into a conversation!

• yes saying that you can fight or hinting that you can fight does help

• Depends what type

• Try to hard and look like a boy. Try without trying and just be you is a plus.