In most relationships do guys have to be the one to initiate everything?

Is this true for everyone or just me? I dont get girls that show me they like me, at least that I can tell. I go years without girls coming up to me and initiating the conversation, or seeming really interested in me, but then I go up and start blatantly expressing interest in a girl and within a week she is obsessed with me, and this hasn't just happened once, this has happened 3 times. It seems like some girls are always super into me when I express interest, but they would have never even approached me had I not said something. Is this true for most girls? Why do they do that? This kind of pisses me off that I have to do everything, is this normal or just me?

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't want to appear eager or risk rejection. And if the guy is attractive, most girls will assume they are taken and/or go for the beauty queens or "hot" chicks as is in most cases. The girl MIGHT smile, make eye contact but will not approach you. I personally give points to the guy willing to make the effort first. I do not pursue men but I might encourage him in subtle ways.

Most Helpful Guy

• I get annoyed by it too. They know someone will eventually approach them so they don't bother with anyone who doesn't, making the first move would make them have to be vulnerable and they can't handle it. That or they feel entitled to be approached, because it is 'the mans job'. I'm generalizing of course, there are some that will go for it but not enough.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Guys generally have to initiate everything. That's how it works. That is how it will continue to work.

• Yeah you pretty much have to do everything