Can you meet girls when you don't have much money?

I mean, I have a really cool job where I have plenty of opportunity to go to cool places and meet cool people and hot girls, problem is it really doesn't pay well, I can barely survive after paying for my house and all my basic expenses, so I don't know how I can have any kind of relationship with girls if I can barely pay for myself, I imagine I can't even go out on dates or dinner with them because I simply know I don't really have the money to spend on unnessary stuff.

so, any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of people giving you advise like: "yeah girls are expensive" (mostly males). From a woman's point of view though I don't think it really matters. If you get into a relationship with a woman who expects you to buy you numerous gifts: then you should dump her. relationships like that usually don't last long.
    I have an uncle who works a very high paying job for the city, but he found my aunt in an everyday encounter, he's gone through numerous gold diggers, but he liked her because she didn't care about the money. That's the type of girl you deserve, and I'm guessing that's the type of girl you would like.
    As long as you act the part of a gentlemen and treat her like a lady than what you make, or what you buy for her shouldn't really matter. There are a lot of people giving you advise like: "yeah girls are expensive" (mostly males). From a woman's point of view though I don't think it really matters. If you get into a relationship with a woman who expects you to buy you numerous gifts: then you should dump her. relationships like that usually don't last long.
    As long as you act the part of a gentlemen and treat her like a lady than what you make, or what you buy for her shouldn't really matter.

• I was going to read on your reply but then half way I realized you are 13 years old.

So, if that's your real age then you are probably in no position to comment on the dynamics of money-men-women.

Most Helpful Guy

• You already said that you have a job that let you meet lots of cool people and hot girls.

Try going on free dates or cheap ones. A cup of coffee a walk on the beach are my go tos. Offer to cook her a special meal at your place, some wine, some cuddling and Netflix.

Women who only want money (like one who posted here) are gold diggers. If you have a cool job that doesn't earn you a lot of money you can still find women who are into that. Cops, firefighters, EMTs, none of them make bank but they have really cool jobs and they are sought after by lots of women, so there are quite a few who can see past the low income thing. I know it doesn't always seem like it though lol.

What specifically in showbiz do you do?

• I already liked your comment... then you mentioned firefighters and EMT's. Thats me and my husband, a home and 3 kids later = )

What Girls Said 24

• Yes. Cut down where you can maybe.. Like don't eat out, bring lunches to work. Shop somewhere more affordable for groceries, etc. I love it when a guy would rather go on a hike with me, or to the coast or river for a day trip and picnic. I realize this costs money too.. But can be much less. If a girl realizes that you are a hard worker and take care or your priorities first, I think this is more admirable that trying to win me over with showing that you have money.

• Everything's possible! And this is no exception. I know that doing this will require you to perhaps put your pride aside, but when it comes to going on dates and all, perhaps you should discuss this with your date. I know it's not the ideal first date conversation, but if she understands, she'll be more helpful and understating towards your situation and if she doesn't understand, you've dodged a bullet!

However, I do think that if this job is causing you financial instability, you should ask yourself whether you are on the road that you desire to be. I understand that money isn't the main focus of some people's lives, such as myself, but it is important to be able to take care of yourself in the best manner that you can. Wishing you the best! :)

• You dont need money to have a girlfriend. Its what you have in common and how often you spend time with each other that count. My 16 yr old daughter is dating a just turned 19 yr old. She doesn't have a job cuz she's too busy with school work and extra curricular activites. He goes to college and works but all his money goes to pay for school so he doesn't spend much money on her/on dates etc... But you know what? He treats her so much better then those high school boys. They have such a good relationship the only thing that matters to both of them is being together.

• Just find that girl that doesn't care about money or that knows what it's like to live on a budget.
    My boyfriend and I both earn very little but it's never been a problem, I guess our sort of dates were walking our dogs, going to the beach (with our dogs..) or watching a movie, cooking for each other etc. We have never been on a date that cost us money.

Honestly I don't get why it seems to be such a necessity to have money in order to date girls...

• Yes you can!

• of course you can, dates dont need to be in fancy restaurants, you dont even need to spend money, the point of a date is not doing that, the point of it is to spend time with the other person and have fun
    You are putting effort on what you are doing and thats a good thing, I respect people that do that coz even if its hard, you are managing to pay for your own stuff without any help and that says something good about you

• no. sorry, all women want is to spend a mans money.

• Yes. Never heard about cougars?

Anyway seriously yes many do not care. I have no idea why "women are goldiggers" sterotype still still stays. Men and women make equally with money now so why should we be so extremely money hungry? :/

• yes it is possible..

• It isn't like your the only one the cost of living on a single budget is difficult. I would date a guy like you and if I was able to I would help with the financial aspect as well.

• You don't always have to spend money when you go on a date. You can also do a nice hike or something like that. Sometimes you do, but I think a lot of girls are alright with paying for themselves. If she's not, you shouldn't be with her anyways.

• pay check to pay check to pay check
    that's how it is for everyone nowadays so no worries
    also don't date a girl who is only interested in your money and i'm sure she'd be happy with just a coffee or maybe come over to your house? I don't know.

• Girls, yes
    Golddiggers, no

• I think you need another side job or something because honestly, you need money to get a girl. Not because we're materialistic and only care about money, but because we actually like to go out. You don't always have to pay for her, we don't EXPECT it, but you should at least be able to pay for yourself.

• yes you can. people like a stable finacial relationships yes but hey don't let that stop you from going out there. y'all will figure things out. Don't be discourage from something just because of money.

• Real women don't care about money, if you can offer love and time then that's worth more than money. I work and have an okay job so I'd happily pay for a date.

• money mean shit!
    Sure you can -love is something beyond material world.

• yeah I tend to like guys with no money. I work so I usually buy them stuff too

• Yeah obviously you can

• of course you can! money is not everything. just be yourself and you would attract the right person

• To date a girl, you need to spend some money. She would not like it if she pays her food in the first date!

• "Equality"

• @Mesonfielde I know. I always pay for myself when I go in a date because I hate it when I feel someone is feeding me lol. Sometimes I pay for the whole date. So, not all women are the same but the majority still traditional and want the guy to at least offer to pay

• I can agree with those terms :p

• As long as you have realistic expectations I am sure there's going to be plenty of girls out there for you

• Yeah, chilled out chicks. Which usually aren't the ones dropping tons of money on being the hottest thing to catch a man's attention with great clothes, perfectly dyed and styled hair, expensive makeup, sexy shoes, boob jobs, etc.

• what job? and yea she gonna want to see u can at least take care of yourself well

• let's just say its the showbiz industry.

but yeah i can basically take care of myself, i mean, i don't know anyone my age who has his own house, i want to live the bachelor pad lifestyle, problem is i only have the money to have the bachelor pad but not the lifestyle.

• Well, some girls won't be ok with that and others will be fine with it.

• This girl I knew was with this guy for 4 years and he was living in a similar situation as you, but she ended up leaving him bc he couldn't get his act together

What Guys Said 22

• 0|4
    • yeah i know that expression but it's kind of flawed.

first of all, money is not something that you can simply chase and get more just because you want to, if it was that simple, everyone would be middle class.

• You can definitely meet girls while not having a lot of excess cash on hand. However, it's hard to have a continuous relationship while not being able to pay for some, or all of the dinners while first dating (Yes, I get that this is 2015 and girls can pay for dinner, but if it is to be equal. Then the man should pay for half as well).

The thing you should be really asking yourself is "Is this the place I want to be in life for when I get married?". Not saying you'll marry the next girl you go on a date with, but you should consider the idea of making sure that you yourself are stable emotionally, and financially before going out on dates. Plus, once you make more you usually have more confidence, and chicks dig confidence. lol

• once again, i am not asking the question "will I get more girls if I make more money?" , I am ask "how can i get girls even while i am not making much money?"
      there is a difference

• You can lie, and say that you make more money. lol... just kidding. I think you're looking for an answer in regards to an uphill battle that is more easily won by working towards a profession to which generates further wealth. As for your "how do I get more girls in my current state", it's more or less the basics of following noramlities. Walk up to a girl, talk to her, show interest, get her phone number, call her, ask her out on a date that you can reasonably afford, and then continue from there. A date doesn't have to be a $30+ dinner. If you're creative, and can inspire such thoughts about making up for which you are currently lacking. Then bringing a girl on a less expensive date such as hiking, a picnic, kayaking, and much more. Will allow you to "get girls". Girls want stability, so getting a girl and keeping her is based on what can be provided from your half in the relationship.

• The politically and not-sexist answer would be "yes you can, women don't want you just for your money".

But reality sings a different song, dude. Some money is indeed needed unfortunately.

• your situation most likely won't be like that forever, promotions, raises, etc. and even then, you can still pursue more opportunities.

• Yeah!! parties at friends houses are usually free or pitch in for beer or something. Call up nightclubs to get on the guestlist and go before 11pm, most clubs do that free cover if you get on the pre-11pm guestlist. But then drinks obviously you have to pay for, if you drink.

• You can certainly "meet" girls and have little money.

But let's face it... money is the lubrication for... everything. Makes everything so much easier.

And I really think that girls get a bad rep for being called "Gold Diggers". Evolution programmed them to look for the best providers. They are natural "nesters". And when guys call girls "gold diggers" ... ninety-nine percent of the time it's coming from someone who has no money and doesn't feel he can compete.

• Listen to this Song.
    http://youtu.be/hYru9VCXSl0

• No, you don't. Just be prepared for a lot of passive aggressive sideways glances when she sees your place or learns that your job isn't high paying or god forbid you ask her to pay for herself.

For me, when I started making a lot more money it was a relief mostly to me because I no longer had to stress that i was spending too much in my dating life. It didn't really "impress" girls at least that I could get them to admit to.

• As long as your confident, you can get girls.

• You don't need much money to attract girls at the beginning, Confidence. Honesty almost beats money. Problem only arises when you are IN A RELATIONSHIP/MARRIED.

• At your age yes but it's harder when your broke mayne. You need to start investing and building your net if you want to pull some quality poon.

• well i am not really asking "will i get more girls if i am richer", the question should have been "how to get girls when you are broke"

• Learn how to cook, blow all your spare cash on a netflix account, then just sit back and deploy the "netflix and chill" strategy.

• You can meet them, just not keep them.

• No, because dating is an extra spending, and you won't be able to afford any extra spending.

• you sound like a club or party promoter lmao.

no women if they could use men for resources. hot girls and poor men only happen in movies. fuck what delusional gaggers say, look around you.

• Of course you can and that way you will make sure you are not with a gold digger

• Sex is totally free to have, and it's one of the best things to do with hot chicks so why not give that a shot?

• Yea, dude you need money. Girls are expensive...

• Have you gone to college?

• Not really no that's not want girls want in a guy

• You can meet them... BUT, the problem is it won't take long before they discover your financial situation, so it won't last long. Women want men who earn decent money, or show the potential to earn decent money in the future. The latter may be your saving grace, IF you can convince them you have the potential of future earnings.

• Your time is better spent getting a better job.

Right now, just go on dates for fun. Don't seek a relationship.

• you hit upon the nail, i am not looking for a relationship,
      i am looking to go on dates for fun, ideally i just want a few dates and few fucks with a girl and then move on to the next one, but can I do that without much money although I do have an apartment?

• "few fucks" LOL you are a douche