How long should a first date for coffee last?

Meeting this guy online for coffee date and it's our first meeting, how long should it last? I'm thinking about an hour? Thoughts?

thanks everyone! i texted him the address to confirm, and haven't heard anything back. we're going to meet in a little less than 2 hours. should I text him in a while just to confirm?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how you hit it off... If you're both having a good time, it could turn into 3 hours at the coffee shop followed by "Hey wanna walk over to the museum?" or "Hey wanna go get some lunch?"
    Or if it's not quite what you were hoping for and there doesn't seem to be that magic chemistry, you (or he) might remember that your friend had called and asked if you could drive them to work in half an hour since their car broke down, so you gotta run (but it was nice meeting you, blah blah blah)

Or of course if one of you has an appointment or plans and only has a limited amount of time, that could impact the amount of time available...

• thank you for your answer. i completely agree.

• Have fun, and yeah confirming beforehand is totally a good idea. Don't wanna show up and find out something came up or he forgot...

Most Helpful Girl

• I could stay at the coffee shop for hours, just give me a good book or some worksheet to do and I'll stay at the coffee shop for an entire afternoon tbh.
    Now with the first date just make it as long as you feel you need to get to know the most important info about him. Have a nice conversation with a tasty cup of coffee or hot chocolate and during that convo, try l make up your mind about whether or not you wanna meet that person again. If I was you I would calculate anywhere between 1-3 hours really.

What Guys Said 3

• There isn't a set time. Its how comfortable or uncomfortable the date is

• if it lasts an hour it went pretty well. if it's 20 mins or under it went horribly and if it went over 2 hours i'd say you have a ton of chemistry

• that makes sense thanks for your input

• yeah an hour! but just coffe?
    you should take a walk in the park too or something :)

• thanks, that's a great idea!

• No problem! have fun!!!
      also! make sure there is always a bathroom near by
      coffee can make you need to go :/ lol!

What Girls Said 7

• Depends on how good its going. You know that moment where you plan to stay with a person for 30 mins but then 2 hrs later and y'all discussing who is a cat or dog person? It really doesn't have a set time. Once you guys find a good topic and get a good conversation working , you maybe there for hours and that is usually a good sign

• A hour is perfect :)

• As long as it wants!

• Let it flow naturally, you don't need go set a time limit.

• About an hour or two

• Arround 1h. It's actually the time I spend to coffee every other day with my friends.

• 1-2 hour , maybe 3.