Guys do you perfer the "the chase" when it comes to a girl?

If yes then why? Is it a turn of if a girl is a bit clingy not to clingy but is around you a lot?

Most Helpful Girl

• By experience, playing too hard to get is bad... I'mm not saying to go throw yourself at guys, but if there is a mutual interest, why lose the time? I Let him chase me way too long and we ran out of time...

What Guys Said 37

• I don't like 'the chase' at all. Such girls aren't even worth pursuing, if they expect me to 'chase' them. i have better things to do.

I don't mind if she's a bit clingy, though. I'd actually like that!

• Oh god no. It makes her look like she's either a) just not interested, or b) doesn't have the decency to be up front with me which I find extremely disrespectful.

• It's a turn off if she makes me chase. Clingy can be annoying, but then again so is bouncing back and forth between showing interest and disinterest.
    Often I feel like I want to say "Look, do you fucking like me or not? Do you want to fuck? Are you trying to marry me? Or do you hate my guts? It's one or the other, decide now or I'm done screwing around with you."

• I used to when I was an immature and stupid 18 year old but the older I am getting the less time I have for time wasting. If I like a woman, I ask her out, I cut the chase and don't beat around the bush and I expect her to do the same. If I think any game playing is taking place then I withdraw my attention from the woman and go after another woman.

• hell no i will do that game for a couple days then you lost me , if i am interested iam interested iam not gonna hide it and you shouldn't either thats how i act towards girls

• Just shoot me... the chase means games... just be your self and do what you feel... that way we know who you are and can fall for that girl...

• Cut the bullshit.
    "the chase" is a waste of time. Time that you could've used with that person.

• The easier the better don't have time for games

• Some girls really expect men to constantly hunt their crush no matter what. Recently I had an online conversation with a young girl and an older women and both were saying the same thing. Sorry girls, but if you don't give any signs of interest but the guy continues to pursuit you, that guy is a desperate loser. Show signs of interest, and we in return will make you feel special. Otherwise we won't bother too much.

• what if you show signs and he acts as if he's interested and sometimes not?

• @jessicorn Now I see. Trouble with a guy. If he really wanted something with you he wouldn't dare to pretend he is not interested. We're guys, we're easy. If you want us, we take you.

• okay... he's a dick then... i'm moving on!!! thanks

• would you like a guy that played games with you?
    no guy worth having is going to like being toyed with.
    why any woman thinks "the chase" is something any guy would like, I don't understand.

• Yes, but most women don't understand how to make it fun. Ignoring the guy isn't fun, but when she is flirty but holds back a little it's fun

• the courting phase i tend to like. its before i find out all the things that will make us break up eventually.

• It is okay to a certain extent. If you play it to long though, then he will likely think you are just into games.

• Why the fuck would we rather have delayed gratification? That's stupid. The chase is stupid.

• If she knows how to make chase interesting, like seducing us again and again and slipping from between our fingers again and again.

• no, if she tries to make me chase her, i immidiately lose interest. if she´s clingy, she´ll learn that she doesn´t need to be like that.

• I wouldn't say a prefer it, I have done before and I ended up chasing someone for literally nothing in return. If they aren't ignorant, I don't have a problem with it, they acknowledged me in some way and for that person... it was worth the try. Bloody hurts when they are sure they don't want it with you though :/

• why would i like people toying with me on a string and possibly making me look like an idiot? let's put it this way, would you like it?

• I like the Chase to be Honest because it builds anticipation when done right but if its dragged out to much then yes I would agree with most guess its kinda annoying

• Define "the chase" first

• If guys tell you they love the chase, ignore them and focus on the guys that don't love the chase, cause anybody that wants to play hard to get, has to be real full of themselves by thinking someone is beneath him or her.

• Nope.

I just want to find someone who clicks with me and vice versa.

It may not be, "at first sight," but it is something you just feel.

Unfortunately those are the rarest. At least in my experience. Can't speak for everybody.

• Sorry, but I'm one of those undesirable guys who has other responsibilities to manage than chasing a woman. I'd rather focus on my career and goals then spend all my free time chasing a woman who "might" go out with me.

• No, You either take or leave it.

• Hell no, if we don't go on a date within 1-2 weeks of talking, i'm done. I'm usually talking to more than one girl at a time, so I am not missing anything if you want me to "chase" you. Someone else will get my time instead.

• Depends on the guy. Some appreciate working to get the girl others feel girls should just be out there. Personally i think the chase can be fun assuming the female can play it well enough. Meaning that she can flirt and tease while playing hard to get instead of just ignoring the dude and wondering why he doesn't like you anymore.

• Not me

filler filler

• No. The chase can be a real chore for us guys.

• Nah dude I prefer to BE chased

• Maybe, maybe not lol

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 3

• No I don't perfer the chase! I rather we both chase each other!

• I like the chase, but don't run so fast that they can never catch up. No one wins in the end.

• on the internet most men say they prefer the girl to make the first move...