Dating websites at 19?

I am nineteen and unlike most people my age, I actually want a serious relationship. I don't go out much and the guys I come across are just not for me. Do you think nineteen is too young to be on a dating website?

• Too young
  • Good age
  • Doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as your 18 your old enough.
    Just know it is tougher for women online. But it works. My sister met her husband on POF. com.
    But she told me that at least 75% of the messages your going to get are going to just be for sex, married guys, too old, too young, etc... so you need patience going through them.
    don't bother with any messages that are just one word "Hey" or one sentence. if they don't want to put in an effort to say something, they aren't serious. I won't reply to any woman that won't give me at least a couple sentences to say hello.
    Put as much information as possible in your profile. Use current pictures.
    I don't bother with any women that just put "message me if you want to know more." because if they want me to make my decision to contact them only on their appearance, then they are either high maintenance bitches I don't want anything to do with, or not serious about a relationship.
    I have had good luck with POF. com and Tinder (no, it is not just a fuck app)
    match. com is a complete waste of time/money.

• Yea I am currently on POF and most messages I don't respond to but I have had a few prospects.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a good age, however I don't know if you will find people as serious as you are. Most dating websites that teens early adults even late 20's usually just end up with a hook up BUT there are those rare ones where they find a relationship out of one. for example my friend out of all the sites she found her long term boyfriend off of tinder, I wouldn't recommend that obviously but it just shows that even in the places you'd least expect it, as long as you're honest with yourself and others it may open some doors!

• Believe it or not, I've found quite a few of people on tinder that are looking for a long term relationship, but the number of people just looking for hook ups definitely out weighed the ones looking for relationships. So you have to be careful <3

• @CupcakeKitten Very true. I just signed up for Tinder, but usually even off line you have to be careful! = ) Good luck with your search! I'm still searching myself! Though not aggressively.

• Thanks! :)

What Guys Said 7

• Not too young... however, I would check out some sites that allow you to put an age range on it so you are not bothered by people outside of the range you would like to date.

There are tons of other things you have to worry about meeting men you don't know so just be careful.

• I see nothing wrong with it. In fact, I think it can be wonderful. Just remember to be careful, as you should always be when dealing with other people on this footing, whether you're online or offline. You will attract a lot of jokers, but you'll also attract good people. The trick is being patient and thorough enough to ferret out the truth before you get too close.

• in my opinion that is a fine age to online date, it only increases your odds to find someone! :-D

• Age doesn't matter, but dating sites will bring guys of any age to you, so be sure what your looking for before joining as some guys use them to get laid

• I think you will have a hard time finding a guy near your age that wants to settle down. Not saying you shouldn't date online, just expect that most men are looking for very casual dating not long term.

• At your age you should still be meeting guys socially. Why waste your time on a dating site?

• dating website = hook up place for women, and a female junk yard for average men.

What Girls Said 8

• Every type of experience you can have is good. So It doesn't matter if your 19 and doing online dating. Your young to celebrate that and try all that you can. Plus the internet gives you no boundaries on finding a guy. Though you have to filter out the liars. Though unlike with pictures video chatting makes it kind of impossible for them to lie about how they look. I guess they could but they would have to spend A LOT of money, time, and effort to create that lie. I don't see that many people going through all that trouble to lie on video chats.

• It is possible to find a serious relationship, dating websites are for people afraid of spending their lives alone and are too old to be out and about finding other people their age for serious relationships

• I don't understand why everyone's so desperate to be in a relationship - enough to find one online.

• I wouldn't suggest it!

• You're old enough but a good majority of guys on dating sites aren't looking for anything serious so I would be careful.

• Doesn't matter, but do be careful nonetheless. Some crazy people live on the internet.

• doesn't matter as long as you're not underage

• No I first signed up at 19. It was called Yahoo Personals way back in 2003. Hey... you asked! ;- )

• I wanted to add that what I didn't like though was yeah like what you guys were talking about (lots of nerds, lots of uglies, desperate for attention or sex, geeks, people who posted really outdated pics of them when they were younger, skinnier, more fit, etc), so it's really a toss up sometimes... hit or miss sometimes.