Guys : be honest. What do you think of this type of girl?

The troubled, misunderstood, sensitive, depressed, artistic female genius.

This is totally open to interpretation.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm actually drawn to that type of girl. I went through a lot of that myself, and I find that it is usually a sign of an incredibly complicated, interesting mind. When you start getting into really high IQ's, the world seems broken because the systems in place are designed for the status quo, which obviously have a much lower IQ.

Someone living with an IQ of 140 sees the world structured for people with an IQ of 100 (the norm) in the same way someone with an IQ of 100 would see a world built for people with an IQ of 60. Which is severe mental retardation, and in an adult, is the equivalent of a third grader. So if normal people would find it frustrating living in a world built for third graders, a person with a very high-end IQ would find it frustrating to live in a world built for the 'baseline'. The fact that that causes trouble, sensitivity, depression, and a feeling of being misunderstood is not 'weird', it's natural. I grew up feeling like the world was built for monkeys. I find it fascinating when I discover someone else who feels the same.

A LOT of people are not going to 'get' a person like that though, and it will be very frustrating for both parties. So it can definitely make finding people that sympathize and understand more difficult.

• I adore you so much <3

• Awww, thank you. It can feel very isolating when you think the world doesn't make sense and that the people in it don't think like you do. You are not alone, you just haven't found your peers yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• I kinda dig that type of girl!

What Guys Said 12

• Ehhh she can be a great person, but the fact that she's depressed kinda puts me off. I know I may sound like a dick, but I've been depressed too, dealing with a depressed person isn't easy at all, and they can drag you with them. I can offer her some help and support her, but I can't be the one that gets her out of depression.

I like that she's sensitive (unless it means that she gets offended by the slightest thing) and that she's artistic and genius.

• If she is too troubled then I would probably avoid talking to her.
    Everyone may be misunderstood.
    If she is sensitive she is ofc likely to be depressed. Would not mind spending time with her though.
    Artistic female genius... Depends
    Overall I would say that she would make a great friend :)

• Sounds very complicated and dramatic
    If she actually refered to herself as being a "genius" I would think she is full of herself and a bitch. And all those problems she has are due to her bad personality, but she is too much of a "genius" to realize that herself.

• Meh... I'm already that person. We'd get along well but probably wouldn't date.

• If she is interested in dating sure she could be interesting and something refreshingly different. As a friend maybe not.

• They live in their own world. They don't need a guy to look after them, they're their own men. They don't require anyone's help to get/do what they want.

• sounds like fun

• Moody genius types... you wanna give your love but they never love you back ;_;

• In meeting one, I'd feel anxiety and want to show great compassion.

• Sound interesting.

• She is the one

• sounds like a lesbo

What Girls Said 2

• I'd just hope she's getting the help she needs

• You lost them at "troubled, misunderstood, sensitive, depressed,".