Is the relationship with my boyfriend normal?

He is my first boyfriend and he is very sweet and attentive but right now I feel like our relationship is based more in sex than in anything.

We talk everyday but now most of the time he just wants sexting. We don't have so many dates and usually we just go to his house and we have sex.
Is like he only thinks about sex and I don't know if he just want me for that.
He is 20 years old.

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like he feels like sex is what a relationship is, it appears that he doesn't realize that a true relationship involves far more than sexual activity.

I don't think the relationship is "normal" in terms of a true relationship but I do think that a lot of people practice relationships like this so it's not out of the norm

Most Helpful Girl

• If sex is the only thing you do when you see each other then that honestly sounds like less of a relationship, and more of a friends with benefits type of situation. In relationship, couples can still have frequent sex but typically they do other things together too. They spend time together talking, hanging out, and engaging in conversation. They may go out on dates but you don't have to spend money. It's more about just spending genuine time together. I can't say for sure if your relationship is "normal" or not since that really depends on the individual couple but, maybe that is something to think about for you.

What Guys Said 3

• Sex is definitely important but if it's the only thing that he wants, that's kinda messed up. Try not letting him have sex with you, make up some excuse of why you're not feeling it. Do this a couple times and see how he reacts. If he gets angry or negative about this, he definitely only wants sex. Talk to him about it then. If he actually cares about you, he should be understanding and be willing to change how he's going about this relationship with you.

• Communicate with him about how you feel. Then if he is still just wanting sex and nothing else then at least you know he doesn't value your emotional bond and just your body.

• You have an interesting situvation. I believe it's just sex that he wants other wise you both could have gone out for shopping or even for an adventure. If you want to know ask him out or plan something with him and see his reaction

• We do other things like going to a parties with his friends or to the beach to visit his family every weekend but always end up in sex. It can be possibly that a guy can fake a relationship just for sex?

• @Luci1602 you need to dig more but be sure how you dig as if it turn out wrong you may lose good relationship

What Girls Said 2

• Try taking him out somewhere, your treat. Somewhere other than a movie or private place where you can actually talk. He is 20, so it is his prime hormone years and it's likely that sex is way up on his priority list. You should however be getting more out of the relationship, it's important that you have more in common for long term than just sex.

• Yep sad but true. Walk away with the experience and use it on someone who appreciates you more than sex!