Do looks even matter for you?

I mean I have to be reasonably attracted to her. I'm only average though. She can't be fat or out of shape either but honestly looks really don't matter that much to me. I rather just be compatable and have great sex. Am I the only guy like this?

• Looks matter a lot to me
  • Looks don't really matter to me

Most Helpful Girl

• looks matter for sure.. but i have noticed that a guy can become way more interesting and attractive in my eyes if he makes me laugh..

A friend of a friend is this a bit chubby guy who is average, doesn't have a job and call himself a "hobby aloholic". Basically not my type at all.. But the few times i have met him he made me laugh, me made me feel like i was funny and interesting, and soon after that he became datable to me basically..

So looks matter, but the way a guy makes me feel is more important for me at last.. But i need to find him somewhat attractive... there has to be some part of him physically that sparks an interesting in me either it body, hair, face etc

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks matter to everyone to a point. If your not attracted to them there just can't be a relationship. I had an issue with someone I dated last summer. I still feel like shit about it. She was nice. and kinda cute. but we took a picture together and she sent it to me and my first reaction when looking at it was that I would be embarrassed to post that picture on FB or have anyone else see it. That was not the only time I felt that way with that person. So I broke it off.

What Girls Said 27

• Looks do matter, but personality is WAY more important to me. But it doesn't change the fact that I have to be physically/sexually attracted to the guy.

• of course! If there's no attraction, how can it last?

There has to be at least minimal attraction. ... and having said that, just being attracted physically also cannot last. .. so looks do matter, but not the only thing that matters.

• Obviously you can't be revolting or horribly deformed/horribly handicapped, but I've had plenty of hard core crushed on "ugly" guys (all my friends would say he was ugly or weird looking)

• I need to be attracted to the guy but I don't have ridiculous expectations.

• I feel a little inbtween.

• They matter for initial attraction, but they really aren't that important...

• Without initial attraction. Nothing else happens. Looks get u into the door, everything else keep you there. If you never get a chance in the door, then it doesn't matter if you have a stellar resume.

• They matter to an extent. He doesn't need to be gorgeous or anything just good enough that I'm attracted to him.

• Beauty matters a lot. Personality follows after.

• Someone's body is considered part of their 'looks' too.

• Looks matter a lot to me. Yes, sure, personality is more important, but I can't imagine myself getting physical with someone I'm not attracted to (physically).

• Looks and personality. What most people want, Im sure.

• We all want someone who looks good just watch out for expecting someone too hot if you don't/won't do the work to be equally as hot lol

• yes. a nice face and body are just important as a nice personality.

• They matter to an extent. Like, I'm only attracted to dark haired men, for one example.

• i have preferences

• Looks matter to me, but so does personality. If you're mean and you're attractive, then you're ugly to me your looks no longer matter.

• Looks and personality matter to me..

• I need to be attracted to him

• yes to an extent.

• well i have to be attracted at some point but he doesn't need to be extremely gorgeous

• yes everybody wants a good-looking person but I've fallen for the one guy who isn't so pretty to the sight and thats when i found out looks don't matter. Just make me laugh and my heart is on a platter for ya.

• Looks matter a lot to me but not as much as personality.

• They don't matter to me

• Attraction is important but if you like someone you wouldn't think they were unattractive

• They're both equally important to me.

• A lot? No it doesn't.

A little? Yes, something attractive to make me interested is important, like nice eyes, great smile, or something.

• It matters online.

What Guys Said 11

• Most girls will come here to say that "well looks do matter but personalitits are more importatz" but reality is perhaps slightly different.

• Looks are important, personality is important, let's be real its ALL important

• Yes, looks to matter to me. I give importance to that.

• Looks do play a role. If I had 10 points to spend I'd spend 5 on looks and 5 on personality. I like to have balance. I don't wanna be with someone who's as bland as a carrot. But I don't wanna be with someone I'm not physically attracted to.

• Looks matter to me. You don't have to be a ten but you shouldn't look like the witched witch in looney tunes

• Looks matter.

At least at first.

It is after the general physical attraction that we fall for who they are, not necessarily what they look like.

Any improvments they make to themselves are just bonuses.

• I have to like the way she looks, yes.

• I too have preferences... though am I entitled to it since I myself am not that good looking? I don't want to sound like an asshole.

• Life is too short to dance with ugly women !

• They matter to me, but probably not as much as they matter to other people.

• They matter all right.