Really struggling to trust men?

I've had a bad time with men, and taken time out from the dating scene but slowly getting back into it and tried my hand at Internet dating, unfortunately it's been a disaster, men only want one thing that's on it. I don't have much confidence I'm shy and I see myself overlooked for others who are much more chatty and confident.
My main worry is what if they are only interested in me for sex, it's happened before and I don't want to be used.

how do I tell if someone is genuinely interested in me as a potential girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• If a guy just enjoys being with you, with no mention of sex or anything similar, then he's probably a good guy. It doesn't matter that you're shy. That can be very endearing to the right guy. Confidence will come in time, especially when you can be really happy with who YOU are.

You're a very attractive lady, and should easily be able to attract guys. It's then all about sorting the decent ones from the bad boys. Just don't give yourself to any guy until you're 100% sure of him. Good ones don't mind waiting, in fact they expect to.

What Guys Said 2

• That's a tough one... I can only see your profile pic and you look gorgeous and unfortunately the first impression for either sex is physical. My opinion on dating sites is like anything... everyone is twice as big and tall behind the screen. We can say things and not be worried. That's doesn't mean dating sites are bad, just means you have to go into it expecting some jerks. That's the case for ANY type of dating... that's why they call it dating. You get to know someone and decide if they are right for you. Sounds like you have a pretty good intuition for weeding out the losers early on, so just keep at it and hang in there. Good luck! :)

• Can't trust others, until you can trust yourself

What Girls Said 0