Do you think that 12-14 year olds should date?

Hi as you can see I'm a 13 year old and I think dating this young is stupid, do you agree or disagree? If you disagree explain.

• I think it cute 😄
  • I think it is idiotic 😕
  • Hey, its whatever 😶

Most Helpful Guy

• 16 is when the whole 'dating' thing gets srs...

What Guys Said 31

• 12-14 is a big age range. 14 year olds can be in 8th or 9th grade while 12 year olds can be in elementary school

I mean kids "date" which just means talking on the phone and holding hands and stuff which is fine. but I don't really see where 12 year olds need to be going "on dates"... 14 is rather different. at 14 I went to the movies with groups of friends and my "girlfriend" I feel like that is ok.

• Absolutely, and not because it is cute so much as a normal part of social development that everyone does at some point. You may as well do it at an age where you can get help from respected older family members if you need it.

• I feel that it's meaningless at that age, and that kids should just enjoy being kids.

On the other hand, the earlier you date, the earlier you get confidence. Still I think 12 through 14 is too early. Plenty of time for that later.

• No, I don't. There's no need to, we should focus on education.

• It depends. Dating at that age usually amounts to nothing more than texting and sitting together at lunch. Maybe the occasional awkward date tot he mall, so I see it as pretty harmless, they usually don't even last long anyway.

• No, I think they shouldn't date, they are way too young.

• No. They're too young and no offense, idiotic. Particularly the males. However, I do think socialization is important for kids that age so perhaps events with both sexes would be good.

• Not a chance

,,,

• "Dating" as in having mom drive them to the movies at 4pm is okay, but like having multiple guys/girls on the line, having sex, etc. hell no.

• I wouldn't say outright idiotic, but definitely cringe worthy. I hate going to movies and seeing all those 13 year olds taking their PDA to levels that should never be seen in public.

• [C]

I'm not the one to judge. If you want to, go ahead and learn from your experiences.
    One day you may wonder how it would be if you haven't yet.

• Well it probably won't last but i dont see anything too wrong with it besides maybe promoting sex at a young age. I know someone who started dating someone at age 14 and now they have been together 12 years

• It's a normal part of development so yes. Most people know it's not gonna last forever, but it's still an experience they can grow from

• Both of you would know nothing in life and have nothing to enjoy because you do not understand nothing yet at your age. Just think about two 6 years old dating, and it is exactly the way we view your question.

• The question wasn't about 6-year-olds dude.

• @AngryHorny It is just an metaphor. How an 20 year old man sees a 12 year old girl is 'exactly' how a 12 year old girl sees a 6 year old. So that she can kind of understand.

• I didn't interpret the question as being about 14-year-olds dating 20-year olds.

• wow. I never thought I'd see a 13 year old saying this.

• I wouldn't say it's idiotic - just that's it's way too early.

• I think it's your choice. I had 2 short relationships at that age and they didn't do me wrong.

Appreciate your time as a child, it was the best time I had

• NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OUT OF KIDS DATING.

its poor parenting if you allow it

• I sincerely doubt that nothing good can come of it. Assuming the kids are relatively mature for their ages, the two of them can act as emotional support for each other, something which all teens, but especially teenage boys, really need.

• yah they dont, but its a matter of time. do you go to amusement parks without using the rides?

yes, get to my age and even in your 20s. sex happens on first dates and not even dates, just a casual outing. i m just saying debate me to imply my confidence in what I've said.

kids half of my age trying to outsmart me. FAIL

• I'm not trying to "outsmart" you. I'm trying to say that there are positives to being in a relationship as young as 12, 13, or 14.

(Sex on first dates may be the norm in your twenties, but it CERTAINLY is not in your teens.)

Also, attempting to prove your academic superiority kinda falls flat when the person who is 7/16ths of your age has much better grammar than you.

• I think dating is fine. No sex, m'kay?

• Truth be told; age 13 I was having sex. Not proud of it but it is what it is. That being said my vote is "Hey, its whatever". Males like females and vice versa.

• I can't.. my parents think i might loose my virginity, before im at least 18. Which is one of the requirements. 18& married.

• I think it cute 😄

• Do you wanna date me?

• It is not recommended

• Puberty strikes again.

• No
    .,.,.,. filler

• Did u get dumped or is ur crush dating someone else

• nope, I just think its stupid and an unnecessary drama and it goes in the way of education. 😂😂😂

• If you still play with Barbie dolls then yes to young. What if the guy wants sex? Or bjs?

To young I think.
    You still play with toys to young to play with boys

• I don't care as long as they stay out of my yard!

• Minimum 16+

You should really focus on school in your earlier life, build a foundation for yourself.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 17

• It's stupid.

This is someone who tried to date at that age.

Please explain to me how you plan on doing the standard dating things?

- How will you get to your dates? NOTHING more embarrassing than having your mom drive you and your "boyfriend" on your dates.
    - How will you pay for your dates? If you say your parents will give you money basically means that they may as well be dating your boyfriend, not you.
    - Where will you go? You can't get into movies alone and you'll get weird looks if you go to dinner.

Like... it's stupid. You can hold hands at school and sit by each other at lunch but... then what? Nothing.

• Simply hanging out is enough for some. Not everyone needs to go OUT somewhere to enjoy time with their significant other.

For instance, let's say that I have a girlfriend who is my age, 14, and let's say that she is into all of the same kinds of things that I'm into. I can invite her over to my house and we can watch TV whilst cuddling on the couch.

(Purely hypothetical. I do not have a girlfriend, let alone one who would be willing to cuddle whilst watching TV.)

• I didn't date until 18 lol
    I didn't want to waste my time on anything shallow that wouldn't last.

• it's not that it's idiotic, but i think it's pointless. it just doesn't do anything for u at that age.

• I wouldn't call what hey do "dating" more like they both understand that they like each other and hey decide to hold hands sometimes. It's like practice dating.

• I'm a little torn. For my own kid I would say no but I've been around young teens and pre-teens who aren't allowed to date but sneak around anyway. I know my friends niece isn't allowed to date (along with her boyfriend) but they still do it. When she came down to visit she told me because she knows I can keep a secret. Even though I know her aunt and Dad's stance on it. I found it hypocritical because I know they dated around that age even though they weren't suppose to. In the end it's up to the parents. If I did allow it when I do have kids I would probably allow it so I have more control over it.

• Hey, its whatever 😶 but I feel like its stuipid because they are still growing! And yes you can argue your grown up but reallly your not.

• I always thought it was a little dumb and still do. No one has been able to answer this question yet, but how is it dating when you can't even drive? Really. Personally, I think 16 is a fair age to begin depending on the kids involved. But then again, there is so much stress and drama in high school already! And grades really count, so getting distracted isn't good. Also, 12-14 are the last few years you really don't have any responsibility and really no actual worries. Why throw away your last years of childhood over some guy you will more than likely cry over and not end up with?

• I think there isn't really an ideal age when to date. I think it's necessary for your social and emotional development. Just don't do anything you don't want to and be safe. I had my first boyfriend when I was 14 and I don't regret it at all. I just wanted to know how it is to have a boyfriend and that's how it went. We're still good friends by the way.

• I chose B but I don't really think it is idiotic. I just think it is unecessary at that time. It is okay to have a crush on someone but when you go into a relationship there are certain expectations that there will be a deep emotional, mental, and physical connection. Honestly the sexual stuff should not come into play until high school or college but when young people are in relationships they tend to assume that's just what you do. I think you should wait.

• I think that's too young, heck I'm 19 and sometimes I feel like that's young lol. But 12-14 is way too young, this is the time you're supposed to enjoy life, not worrying about boys

• As if enjoying life and worrying about boys are mutually exclusive things?

• I still don't quite get your opposition to it.

• @blue_sun I guess you don't have to, I'm not here to tell you that you must get what I have to say. If you dont then move on

• I don't care so long as they ain't going out getting preggers or anything crazy like that.

• If I could, I would take back the majority of my relationships away and I'm 15. To be honest, they never really result in anything serious and can destroy friendships. I'd advise not to, but it's your decision. The best advise I can't give you is think it through and don't ask from anyone else's advice. No one else would understand the whole situation on personal matters like this, so you can't rely on someone else to make this decision for you, when it's essential for you to make it.

• I don't think people in this age range should date, way too young.

• one of my biggest regrets in high school is getting to high school in a relationship.

• I started dating at 14. It did go to shit, but I don't regret it.

• That depends in the end of oneself. One is free to think, decide and act.

Of course, at That range rank, relationships cannot be taken to the same physical and emotional level as the ones for older than or equal to 16.

• They are kids.

My brother is around that age and I feel like he is still 10.