Why do guys really go to bars?

do guys mostly go to the bars to hang out with friends or meet new girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most of the guys I know just go to the bar to get drunk with their friends, but a hookup is never out of the question. It seems more like they go out to have a good time, and then whatever happens after that, happens. No hookup, no big deal, because that's not WHY they were there. It's just a bonus.

That's just guys I personally know and/or am friends with. I definitely don't think they're representative of most guys though. They're perfectly capable of picking up girls or finding relationships outside the bars. Not that other guys aren't, but a lot of guys DO go to the bar just to pick up girls. Getting -drunk- is the bonus, girls are the purpose, haha.

What Guys Said 4

• I mainly go to drink and shoot pool. A lot of my friends say I'm a buzz kill at bars because I always order my drinks and head straight to the area where the pool tables are, and because I take the game seriously I don't let girls win against me or bend the rules for them. Since a lot of them go to pick up girls this kinda makes their plan a little more difficult than it has to be. But, oh well...

• id say a combination of both. Me and some co-workers/friends always go out for a drink after a hard days work about just bs about what happened that day...not necessarily to chase women, the whole meeting girls at bars thing doesn't seem to work very well anyway.

• Why do you say it doesn't work?

• I just think it doesn't work well, at least where I live. Most of the time there are way too many guys around and only a few girls, so there's a lot of competition I guess you can say. When it comes too that I don't even bother, most of the time... I've just wasted time.

• Yes, some men do go to bars, because it's the only way they can pick up chicks, because they're drunk and will bang anyone.

A lot of men go there to just talk and have a few beers and just have a good time away from their wives, girlfriends, etc.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

• Probably because of the same reasons girls go there.

• We are talking about bars, not clubs. The bars where I live have no dancefloor and people are just sitting down and talking to each other. Some are there to be social with their friends, some like to look at other people walking by, some are looking find a mate, and so on.

What Girls Said 4

• I have several guy friends and they usually go to bars to hang out, drink and shoot pool or watch a game on the big screens. Talking to the ladies is an added feature :)

• i think they go fofr both

• they mostly go to meet girls. but sometimes they just want to get drunk.

• Lol its actually a good place to do both at the same time :). Drinking is fun and meeting and talking with girls is fun, and there pretty much hasn't been I time at the bar where we haven't done both

• they rarely go looking for their wife/serious girlfriend I'll say that much