Why can't I get a guy to spoil me?

everytime i tlk to my friends about their relationships they always tell me that there boyfriend spoils them & gets them anything they want , take them out buy expensive things u name it ! while me on the other hand i just get one just one boyfriend & he treated me bad never took me out or bought me anything. Yet i was so nice faithful, loyal & treated him the best. Why is that its not fair. 😢

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a difference between spoiling and being a good boyfriend. A guy should take his girl out every now and then. Get her something nice every once in a while. Show her he loves her. However, a guy should not spoil his girlfriend. If a guy gets his girlfriend everything she wants, she soon looses the appreciation of the act. I know somebody who had a girlfriend who he would open doors for, buy dinner for, do all of the nice stuff guys will typically do for girlfriends. He soon broke it off because she started to expect it from him and no longer appreciated what he was doing.

• @kittenforever I totally agree, and I understand what she meant. I was just telling her that he needs to treat her like a good boyfriend should, which he's not, but she shouldn't start to expect things as her right as a girlfriend from him. Like I said in one of my other comments, I'm not defending him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm probably going to get hell for this from guys and come off bitchy but oh well lol. I had this same problem and could never figure out what the issue was until recently. Hopefully I explain this well. I noticed that the guys who treated me badly and didn't do anything for me were the ones that I was too "nice" to. I would shower them with attention through texts, calls and be available to hang out whenever they wanted. Meanwhile they did nothing for me. Why would they try by buying me things/taking me out when I was already giving them attention? I'm willing to bet that's why this is happening to you.

Once I noticed this and made some changes and since then had two boyfriends. One bought me whatever I wanted, paid for my car to be fixed, took me wherever I wanted, etc. The other one bought me presents all the time. What I changed was I was more careful with how I gave out my attention. I always remained myself and acted nice though. They didn't just buy me nice things, they treated me better in general. If they don't want to take you out then don't make plans with them. If they don't reply to texts then don't text them. They need to earn attention from you. Don't go out of your way for them if they aren't for you. Give off the vibe that you know what you deserve and won't settle. Does it make sense? I'm bad at explaining things haha.

What Guys Said 1

• First of all your friends are most likely exaggerating to make their lives look "perfect", girls do that a lot.

And girls who think that being nice, faithful and loyal means that they deserve expensive shit piss me off. No, thats normal relationship shit. It means that you deserve a guy who is nice, faithful and loyal as well. But if you think that they need to buy you expensive shit just because you're a "good girlfriend", then you're selfish as self centered. Yeah your ex was wrong when he treated you bad and didn't do stuff with you, but if you think that your boyfriend needs to buy you gifts all the time, while you dont buy any for him, you're shallow as fuck.

What Girls Said 1

• You just got with the wrong guy, not your fault. Be glad it ended. The right guy WILL want to spoil you. And you'll want to spoil him right back 🙂 He will come along

• aww thanks but i have trouble finding a guy in my life & keeping them 😓😔😞😢

• Ok thank u so much

• Yep!