Dating even though I just broke up?

So my boyfriend just broke up with me a couple weeks ago. I want to go on a few dates so I can forget him. I went one a date today and the guy is already calling me babe should I go out with him even though I don't feel the way I did with my ex

Most Helpful Guy

• I think sometimes it takes more than a single date to actually click with the opposite gender. If you are dating just because you want to forget your ex then I think it's going to take in forever because you're not clear in the head. Forgetting your loved ones takes a lot of time. I'd suggest you take sometime off and focus on getting over your ex. Like join a club or do what makes you happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you should go out with him! Going out there to put yourself in the dating world again is the best thing you can do. To recover from getting your heart broken, you really must treat it like learning to ride a bike. You may fall and really hurt yourself, but you won't learn by refusing to try.

You may not feel the same way about this guy that you do your ex. That's completely normal. He's a different person after all. Besides, no one says you have to marry this guy. But going out on a date can really boost your confidence. And even if at the end of the night neither one of you is wanting to see each other again, at least you had a good time right?

You got out and did something and you can say you had the experience.

There are plenty of guys out there. Don't focus on your ex as the only guy who could be with you. It's not true, because there are tons of great guys out there :)

• I went out with him today and about 30 minutes into our date he asked when he could see me again

• Lol, he sounds pretty eager. To be honest, if it's bugging you then I would let him know. The guy could genuinely like you and want to see you again. Yes he's being a bit overbearing about it, but it sounds nic that he's interested. Maybe tell him to calm down a bit lol

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on how you broke up... If you think that you both (your ex) is still in love or a possibility it might, then stop dating... as you could get back again soon... especially when you still love him... and do not ever force yourself to be with the new guy if you don't feel right..

• I wouldn't say it's too soon to date, but I definitely wouldn't date that guy if I was you. If you find someone and develop real feelings for him, go for it. You might even have lingering feelings for your ex, but if your feelings are steering enough for the new guy it can help you get over the ex and lead into a healthy relationship with new guy. There's no need to rush either, but I think you'll make the right choice.

• well obviously you didn't love your ex if you can move on so quickly. Typical woman.

• I haven't moved on at all I'm trying to my friends said the only way to move on is date someone else

• What, so soon? If you really loved him you wouldn't even be thinking of dating someone else so soon. Just goes to show the lack of love women have for men in the 21st century. Feminism at its finest.

• Bye Felicia I ain't a feminist I hate feminism

• It's way to soon to go on a date. I hope your honest with the guy that you just had a break up no guy or girls wants to be a rebound.

What Girls Said 2

• It's gonna take more than a few weeks for you to get over someone. If you're just looking for a rebound fling, that's perfectly fine as along as you are upfront about it with this new guy.

• I think you should take a break when it comes to dating! Its to soon. Just hang out with friends.