Should I ask this girl if she has a boyfriend?

Okay, so, I met some girl recently, and, she's okay, I guess. I've been trying to get to know her and she mentioned she had a boyfriend. Except, she referred to him in the past tense. Plus, the guy's in college now and his Facebook says he's single. I'm assuming they broke up? Should I ask anyway or just do nothing? Or should I assume she meant to deter me and cut contact? Except, even if she rejects me she can still be useful, and, that can't be overlooked. Though, she also ended the conversation, but not at that. What should I make of this? Even if I get rejected I don't want to cut contact, in my opinion, even failed objectives may hold unexpected opportunities. It's all about just making sure you never feel emotions in regards to this stuff.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1

• If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one