Will you date someone who is a downgrade?

Downgrade from your exe?
Please don't think it's a rude question... downgrade could also mean... less nicer, less morally upright.. less intelligent... less funnier... etc

Most Helpful Guy

• The person who moves on to date another person don't view the new partner as a downgrade. Just different. It's the ex that looks at the new person as a downgrade. Just have to keep that in mind. That usually only happens with a rebound. But if it's a new relationship the next girl is usually a good catch.

I've had a rebound that wasn't on par with my ex, but it was a hookup not a new relationship. My next girlfriend was way better than my ex. My ex taught me what I don't want in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have a a hard time getting seriously involved with someone who wasn't at least as good for me as any of my past relationships were. I don't care about looks and money so much (I just need to be attracted to them and I'd prefer if they wwere as financially stable as I am), but I DO care about how good the g are for me on a mental/emotional level.

It would be hard for me to feel like I was with someone who I wanted to stay with if they didn't make me at least as happy as someone I've had before. I'd always feel like I was waiting for someone better to come along, and that wouldn't be fair to anyone, so I just wouldn't date someone who couldn't make me at least as happy as an ex did.

What Guys Said 12

• Viewing someone as a "downgrade" implies an attitude that would make you undesirable as a partner.

• I really don't care about a partner, its just a brutal question

• No, this question has nothing to do with., I just want to see what people would answer

• If I pass those sort of judgment on people, every woman is a downgrade from me on at least one dimension. Woman A may be a really hot looking lady but only have 2/3 of my IQ score. Woman B may have a higher IQ than me but have no financial resources of her own. Woman C may be hot looking, extremely intelligent, and have money, but have lower moral standards.

So, yes, every woman I have dated has been a downgrade when judged on some particular dimension, but hey have also been upgrades on other dimensions.

• What's a "downgrade"?

Financially? I don't care how much she makes as long as she is fiscally responsible.

Looks? As compared to what?

She uses an iPhone and I am an Android guy?

• Downgrade from an Ex? How would that be? if it's an Ex it means I didn't want her. I have dated "different" than my Ex. One Ex was a decent looking, no make up, outdoorsy tri-athlete type A... next girl was a lazy type B make up and high heels smoking hot girl.

Nothing is ever a downgrade, just a lateral move with some variances

• What is a downgrade? Like... doesn't cook me bacon or what?

• Yes certainly!

• Downsyndrome?

• I don't quite understand "downgrade".

• no i was cheated on my my ex with some one who you could consider a downgrade it wanst nice : )

• Well personally I think that you would be a perfect girl for me. The less mice you are means when I manage to get a cheeky smile from you, it means we have a strong bond. The less intelligent means I could help you to achieve your dreams and for you to be less funny would mean that when you do crack a joke, we would laugh and make it special

• Absolutely

• I would it really depends. Sure my girl isn't the hottest but she has other qualities that i like. Like being humorous.

• No, the reason i have an ex is to find someone better personality wise, more commen interests etc, if you're downgrading and you know this, then why do you bother?

• I doubt any women on earth that I haven't dated could be a downgrade of my exes, they really are the epitome of dog shit.

What Girls Said 8

• I have qualities that I'd pretty much require to be true in anyone I date. To be with someone who's very empathetic, very personable, able to carry intelligent conversation, good morals, etc.. So anyone I date would have to fulfill those.

Whether or not they manage that better or worse in comparison to how my ex did is irrelevant.

• what does that mean?

• It's best not to think of it that way. People are people.
    Some have talents in one area, others in another. It's more about compatibility than anything else.

I would, but I wouldn't see it as a downgrade. xD

• No. No I won't.

That grammar though. O. o

But no, no I won't.

• who a what now?

• What do you mean by downgrade?

• Got it!

I think for the most part if I'm dating someone new it's probably because I think they are better than my ex.

• Let me tell you something. Even if that person is a down grade in the l

• Looks department, the fact that you dated tem AFTER someone else means they're actually an upgrade haha (or so you think at first)

Correct me if I'm wrong 😁

• What do you mean by that?