When should I call him back?

My boyfriend has been acting weird lately. He goes places and doesn't invite me out with him but he thinks I don't know it. I thought it was because his mother moved in with him but now I'm not sure. I didn't hear from him all day on Monday and he texted me to ask me if I was watching 24. I called him immediately afterward and he didn't answer. I also sent him a text no reply. He called back two hours later when he going to bed. I thought this was weird as I know he was watching a show so I didn't he answer the phone. I let it slide. I spent the night on Tuesday and left Wednesday morning. I once again did not hear from him all day. I finally called around seven. He answered the phone and said he was on the phone with his cousin and would call me back. I heard background noise so I knew he was out somewhere. He then called back almost three hours later and I refused to answer the phone because I was p*ssed. Why the hell did it take so long to call me back? One hour later he sent me an instant message that I checked but didn't respond to after checking. I forgot that it lets the other person know whether you read it or not so he knows I read it. What do I do. When do I call him back? What do I say when I call?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude sounds like he's in a bit of a funk, probably has something on his mind and needs time and space to work it through. Ever read the Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus book?, it talks about this kind of behaviour. Give him what he needs and he'll come back when he has an answer or decides he needs your help to figure it out.

What Guys Said 1

• call him and see what's up iwth him. tell him ur upset about how he hasn't had time for you. sometimes guys do this and don't even realize what's going on. it may or may not have something to do with you guys...just ask hiim what's up and see if he tells you...let us know

What Girls Said 1

• Wow...Are you dating my boyfriend? lol. You just described him perfectly. I'm not going to attemt to answer this question because I'm in the same situation and have no clue what to do. I will however, offer you my moral support. You're not alone. There are a hundred guys out there who act the same way. Why we put up with it? I don't know. Maybe we/re just a glutten for abuse. Anyway, know that you're not alone. Good luck. Let me know if you find something that works.