Is interracial dating common where you live?

I ask this because a few days ago there was a question about what the interracial couple make up was mostly and when I went to answer I realized, back home in Cleveland there were so many types of interracial couples you didn't even notice them at that point (Not saying it's a huge deal and should be noticeable) BUT- here where I live now... I've seen two interracial couples. Literally in the whole area, I get its a small town but it's just crazy to go from one setting to another like this lol. I will say that there is a lot of racism here but not aggressive racism.

Long story short, do you happen to notice more or less mixed race couples in your city-town-area?

0|0
17|17

Most Helpful Guy

• yes and no.

I've dated whites and mulattoes being an Asian guy here.

i get looks sometimes but its mainly curiosity and not a look of disgust.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh really? Well that's progress at least lol

• Show All
    • Lol at least you tried!

• hey why not taste the rainbow before i settle down? lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure there is I don't notice just because I see 2 people are in a relationship I don't notice skin color, and I'm sure some people have issues with it but I don't care if doesn't affect you in anyway so why care. (general statement not directed at anyone ).

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I said it shouldn't be noticeable, in parentheses. I was asking because some towns are still in 1940. And I didn't witness that until I moved, because I am from a major city In the north. That's why I asked the question, appreciate your outlook though.

• Show All
    • thank you for mhg

• No problemo !

What Guys Said 16

• Not really, no.
    In Brussels there are quite large Moroccan , Turkish and Congolese communities.
    (Moroccans are the largest group)

-many Congolese stay in Matonge quarter
    -many Turkish stay in Schaerbeeck (some Sikhs too there)
    -A group of Roms from Hungaria, Romania and Bulgaria came after 1990.
    -Moroccans are a bit more all over the town in the less expensive neighborhoods.

Of course, they'll meet in public schools (some HS have a high % of immigrants and a low % of local pupils)
    On the Brussels subway I hear many languages I can't even identify approximatively.
    The Brussels Midi market on Sunday is like a trip to another continent.

Then there are people from 29 or so E. U. nationalities (diplomatic personnel). They run their own schools.

There's not really a melting pot mix in Belgium: most stay with their own group, their own language. I don't see masses of interracial couples.
    Don't ask me about the night life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've seen them in Boston but in my small town which is super white you don't see it very much. I'm sure you would if there was more diversity though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Here in southern California where I live, yes. Interracial dating is so common here almost nobody bats an eyelash at it. :-D

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not that common here because most people are white. Big difference between this small town and the city.

1|0
    0|0
  • When i was in Munich I would occasionally see a inter-racial couple, there are quite a few in Germany however I haven't paid much notice because I see them as any other couple.
    In Delhi it's too rare cause there are not many races living in India but sure once in a while I get to see some

1|0
    0|0
  • It's very common all over the us, more so in urban cities tho vs. Rural farmland.

1|0
    0|0
  • Where I live there are a lot of foreigners, but still you rarely see interracial couples. It has nothing to do with racism. It's a cultural thing - most people don't want to mess with other cultures; you'll befriend them just fine, but being a part of their family is often asking for trouble.

Oh, and I live in Europe by the way. So colored = foreigner, basically :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Here in Glasgow, Scotland, I only see one of them in some occasions. Most people here seem to date within their races, including the minorities here.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its very common amongst people my age in my area because i live in a predominantly white environment so there aren't many attractive black girls compared to the white girls

1|0
    0|1
  • it is common here in melbourne

1|0
    0|0
  • its common

1|0
    0|0
  • No it is not. Yet.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is, I live in Connecticut and it's very common.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope no white chicks here :/

1|0
    0|1
  • Very few in my city.

1|0
    0|0
  • Very common, single mothers with mixed race babies are also very common.

4|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, it was like that in some parts of my city too.

• These couples don't seem to last the distance, the ones that do are awesome but the ones that don't should of been more damn responsible!

What Girls Said 16

• South Australia - Yes pretty common from what I've seen. My last boyfriend and I had an interracial relationship not everyone agreed but we were happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, cause basically everyone is white here.

1|0
    0|0
  • VERY COMMON! hahah no joke!

1|0
    0|0
  • Here in Thailand, oh hell yes. Tons of white guys-thai skanks running around. Some of the girls are so disgustingly clingy to the guys, who sometimes are like as old as their grandfathers.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really but that's more because 90% of the people here are white. You do see truly white girls with Moroccan and Turkish guys though.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is definitely a norm of interracial couples in Australia.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's common in Paris... Particularly white men with Asian women.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea.

1|0
    0|0
  • I live in Italy and it's not very common here.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's not too common here in tokyo

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is very common where I lived. I dated a white guy before.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's very common here.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's common. particularly among whites and Asians

1|0
    0|0
  • its extremely common

1|0
    0|1
  • yes, I live in London (England) and there are interracial couples everywhere I go. I once went shopping and saw 9 different ones (yes I was counting) in just the few hours I was there.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my county, yes... yes it is. Lots of white girls date black guys. They usually end up supporting their boyfriends. Its not pretty. I think its a pretty localized thing in TN though. I haven't seen it in other counties. Just mine.

1|0
    0|1