Do you think going to the movies makes for a shitty date?

Everytime I do it it just winds up sucking, the movies are all terrible and you can never have a conversation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! And literally every single time I've been on a movie date the guy wants to hold my hand through the whole thing (which is weird for me since it's usually my first time really hanging out with them) and then they try and pull me into their seat to cuddle... I fucking hate it and I always end up half bent over and sweaty and uncomfortable ugh

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not creative. But not a shitty date tho.

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't wanna go until later in the relationship makes for a good place to make out.

I like to do more outdoorsy things. Like fishing, hiking, watching stars, things like that.

• I dont think its a great idea cause ur not focusing any attention on the other person.

• most of the time, yes. however, if there's nothing else to do, go BEFORE dinner. that way you have something to talk about later.

http://cleverlemon.me/

• For one of the first dates, yes it's a terrible idea. Unless it's only part of the date and you're watching some movie both of you love (Like a batman movie or such)

• no i love it ♡

• Nah, I love movies. I'd like to go see the movie first. Maybe walk and talk about it and other things afterwards, maybe over drinks or food. It depends on the person, though, some will like it others will find it boring.

What Guys Said 5

• The only way it can work is if you watch a movie from a particular genre that BOTH of you really like. Like if you both like comic books then the avengers or any such movie would be a success anyway. But going to a movie just to for the sake of seeing a movie does indeed have a large chance of failing.

• I agree, what's the point? You can't enjoy the film unless you sit in silence, and then you can't enjoy the date.

• No. For one thing, it's a shared experience. And for another, it's an icebreaker that can lead to conversations about other things.

• I find films boring, I haven't been to the cinema in nearly three years, so I would never take a date to the cinema. I would much rather go for a walk or a picnic.

• Never the first date. You can go to the movies, just not the first date