WHY do guys ask girls about their previous relationships?

Why do guys ask girls about their previous relationships randomly saying when was your last relationship'
Why do you guys want to know? What are you thinking?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've realized that not everyone is comfortable with talking about their last relationship as not every relationship ends with clarity or unanimously but...

I ask because i think your last relationship really shapes who you are. You learn a lot about what yourself in terms of finding your next mate. I think of you can talk about your previous relationship objectively than it shows self reflection and awareness.. i like hearing those things.

Personally at my age of 29.. if a girl has been in a serious relationship, i wouldn't date her because i don't want to be anyone's guinea pig.

But in general i don't bring it up on first dates as like i said.. not everyone is comfortable sharing that info.

Most Helpful Girl

• They do? Wow! I would just leave!

What Guys Said 11

• Contrary to what many liberal minded people think - the past is not just in the past. The past is what makes us and any fuckups you had back then DO indeed matter at the present and in the future. It is naive to think that you could do whatever you wanted when younger only to have no repercussions on yourself when older. The guys want to know about your previous relationships to see if there is any pattern that could repeat itself if they themselves get together with you.

• This is not just a guys thing... Girls do it just as much! I enjoy learning about my girlfriends pasts, it helps me understand who they are now. Plus, that way when things come out from friends or something, I heard it from my girlfriend first, and not one of her friends or family about some guy from her past. Now I don't need to know about any hookups or ONSs, but I think once we are close enough, it is nice to through and understand each others past relationships- it can bring us closer.

• It's similar to when employers ask for previous job experience. They want to know what you were like.

• Jealousy and curiosity are the two primary factors

• and girls don't ask about that? In my experience they do ask too

• I don't. I don't want to know how many dicks that mouth has been on. lol

• I never have, didn't stop most of them from telling me about it anyway. Mostly it was just saying how worthless they were.

• they want to see how much of a slut you are. and i say how much cause in our era its a question of quatity not if girls are or not.

• To see if the same thing will end up happening to them that ended your last relationship.

• Because it's a curiosity. Sometimes we just have to feed it. Like any other curiosity

Why do women make such a big fuss about it? It's just like asking about what was your childhood or something like that. It's just the thirsty of knowledge. Don't overthink it.

• Trying to see if we should screen you out as a long-term partner.

What Girls Said 1

• my crush asked me the same thing...
    but its mostly to know if you have any baggage like if you've recently broken up its best not to date you lol & what kind of mistake your past boyfriend did for you to leave him