18 y/o girl dating 20-24 y/o guy?

Is it ok? Is that appropriate? Would it work? Is there that much of a difference? Do you have any experiences dating older guys?

Thanks for answers :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It could work but it sort of depends. As someone who recently turned 22, I can tell you that I have changed a lot from when I was 18. I thought I knew a lot when I was 18 but I now realize just how complex the world is and that I really don't know anything. So as long as both of you are okay with that difference in experience, it's fine and can work.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was with my ex for 2 years and there was a 5 year age difference between us.
    He was pretty immature, so we didn't seem that different in age. I was 18 when I met him (him 23) and 21 when I broke up with him (him 26).

At the beginning, it doesn't seem that relevant. It's how you get along, not your age.
    However, as the relationship progresses thats when the problems arise. I was 20. He was 25. At 25 you want to start thinking of settling down, and kids are gonna be coming pretty soon. He told his mother he wanted to marry me and started going ring shopping. I told my friends no way in hell was I getting engaged or married at 20. I want kids, but definitely not within the next 10 years. He obviously would want kids as soon as we were married.
    He was at the settle down stage where I was FARR TOO young for that.

Also, the things that made our age seem not so different at the start of the relationship, should have been red flags. We both lived with our parents and were at similar levels in our jobs. At his age, he should have been a lot further developed. His lack of ambition, lack of ability to afford an apartment all came into play as reasons I broke up with him. When I was 19 it was fine but as my life started to develop more and his continued to stay the same... It just wasn't right.
    (The relationship was not right for many more reasons than that, so potentially it could work but, problems with being in different stages in life will deffo crop up).

What Guys Said 2

• I have experience dating younger girls. Yes it can work out very well sometimes. It really depends on the people involved and how much effort they put into making it work.

• that is normal where im from haha

What Girls Said 2

• that's totally normal :)

• not much of an age difference