My boyfriend is talking to another girl and hasn't told her about me. What could the reasons be?

The past few months my boyfriend has been on his phone a lot more than usual. I see him giggling and excited texting someone constantly. We've been together for 11 months and living together for 9 months and this started happening 3 months ago. I decided to snoop through his phone about a month ago because of his suspicious behaviour and I found out he is texting a girl he met a few months ago almost every single day.

I haven't told him because I'm trying to figure out if he's cheating or not. Every few days when he's in the shower I read their text messages. She doesn't know about me and he tells her he lives all by himself. It doesn't sound like they hang out and she tells him she went through a bad breakup and wants to be friends for now, and he told her he also went through a bad breakup and he also just wants to be single for now and he's okay with them just being friends. So, okay they say they're just friends, so why doesn't he just tell her about me? They send each other photos and he tells her she's very beautiful. He even told her a few times he thinks about her when he masturbates (very inappropriate).

What could his reasons be? Does he have feelings for her? Does he like her? Is he NOT serious about me? How could he say he's still heartbroken because of his ex-gf? He's never told me that. They've been broken up since June 2014.

Most Helpful Guy

• He is waiting to break up with you and move out and then he has his next victim already waiting in the wings. This is cheating. If you want to bring it to a conclusion, tell him that the other girl found out about you and she contacted you. He will then contact her to ask what is happening and probably tell her about you because he will assume that she already knows.

Or tell him that you know about her. He will claim that they are just friends. You reply that if they are just friends, he can invite her to meet you two for dinner somewhere.

• but we get along so well and we have so much fun together why would he want to break up and move out?

• YOU think you get along so well and YOU think you have so much fun together but maybe he is putting on a big act because he is not ready to move out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he's either unhappy with you or he just likes being a liar and cheater. Just continue monitoring him unless you want to bring it up to him.

• I don't want to bring it up because I want him to stop on his own otherwise it's not genuine. I've given him many chances to tell me too.. I saw him laughing yesterday at something and I said "oh show me what's funny I want to laugh too". And he said "oh nothing" and put his phone in his pocket and walked away. I keep trying to give him ways to tell me about her, or at least he can tell her about me, but so far he hasn't. What's the point of saying anything? If this is the kind of person he is I'd better get out now right?

• I would say so. If he's not going to own up to it and tell you then he's not worth it. You deserve so much more than that crap.

• I agree thanks for your input

What Guys Said 4

• Text to her pretending to be him and act like an absolute dick, leaving him to deal with her being really pissed off at him next time he contacts her. Then he knows you know about her and will have to awkwardly explain himself. He looks like a big lying tool, and its on him what happens next so you won't have to feel bad for looking through his phone.

• Just be upfront about it

• maybe you're overthinking and they're friends..

• He probably finds her attractive and doesn't want you to find out since he's afraid he'll lose you

What Girls Said 1

• That's cheating or he's planning it don't be Indenial