How to ask a guy out without seeming overbearing?

I've never asked a guy out before but I really like this guy and I'm considering it. We've been flirting (at least I THINK we've been flirting) for a while now and texting and he seems interested, but he teeters around the subject and never actually asks me out. I want to push things along but i don't want to seem like one of those obsessed girls who is madly in love or something. I feel like that's what guys think when a girl asks them out. So what's the best way to ask him to hang out without coming off as desperate or pathetic?

Most Helpful Guy

• Say something to him like so are you going to ask me out or what

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm... Maybe when your hang out some how you bring the subject in a funny way... Or texting... Or maybe when he not buy just grap him onto a Pinic date and say yes it's a date at the end or was.

What Guys Said 1

• just say "are you gonna ask me out or what? lol." or just ask him if he's free one day then say "i would like to go to dinner with you"

What Girls Said 1

• Seriously, girls HAVE to stop this mindset that asking a guy out makes them look desperate. They like it when a girl makes the first move.